- 田文浩裝置藝術展9/22 敦煌藝術展 9/27
- 全美總會線上講座 - 如何申請進入理想的大學 10/8
- Boston Asian American Film Festival preview party 10/5, festival 10/19-22
- 紐英倫作協講座 10/19
- 招聘 - BCNC, 武漢大學10/14, 波士頓市府10/19
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 紐英崙中華專業人員協會40週年 10/28
- 醫藥 - HMS deciphering the genome 10/12 首屆世界針灸康養大會12/2-7
- 留美華人企業家聯合會年會10/7 Under 30 Summit 10/1-4
- BCIC - Fintech Roundtable Brainstorming Session 10/9 醫療科技路演 10/13
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- ILF 國際領袖基金會 - ACE Next generation conference 8/18-20
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 麻州州長動態 - Nominates Paul G. Pino of North Falmouth as Associate Justice of the District Court and Colette M. Santa of Milford as a Member of the Parole Board
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Car Tax Bill
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- council meeting notes 10/1
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - fundraiser for Puerto Rico 10/14
- Ben Chin (陳樂) for Mayor in Maine - Signs were stolen
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- 華人參政 - 牛頓市候選人論壇10/15
- Plays - Lost Tempo 10/5 OLEANNA 10/14-11/5 Elemeno Pea 11/2-19 無名劇社 11/26
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- 劍橋市素描餐廳 10/6 試新菜
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 看見台灣：向齊柏林致敬
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
星期五, 3月 10, 2017
$90,000 in Grant Funding to promote equal opportunity for women, minority in construction
AG HEALEY LAUNCHES GRANT PROGRAM TO PROMOTE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR WOMEN, MINORITY WORKERS IN THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY
Program Will Award Total of $90,000 in Grant Funding to Eligible Applicants
BOSTON – Continuing her commitment to advance the economic opportunity of Massachusetts residents, Attorney General Maura Healey today announced a new grant program aimed at providing opportunities for women and minority workers and small business owners in the public construction industry.
“The construction industry provides highly-skilled and good-paying jobs that help families thrive,” said AG Healey. “This grant will help ensure that these opportunities continue to be accessible to women and minorities in our state.”
The Equal Opportunity in the Construction Trades Grant program will provide funding to projects that promote opportunity through apprenticeship programs, job trainings and diversity and inclusion trainings, and support and outreach programs. The new program is open to workers’ centers, unions, non-profit organizations, chambers of commerce, public schools, municipalities, small businesses, and post-secondary student organizations.
The grant program will utilize funding from a judgment the AG’s False Claims Division secured with CTA Construction Company for the purpose of promoting equal opportunity in public construction, employment or education.
The AG’s Office anticipates awarding a total of $90,000 to multiple grantees. The funding will be awarded to recipients in two ranges:
· One or more grants of up to $40,000 will be awarded to eligible unions, municipalities, schools, small businesses, nonprofit organizations and chambers of commerce to provide education, training and technical skills to workers interested in careers in the construction industry and;
· One or more micro-grants of up to $10,000 will be awarded to eligible nonprofit organizations or student organizations to fund outreach and training for women and minority workers to join the construction industry.
Special consideration will be given to applicants who can demonstrate the grant will be used to promote equal opportunity within underrepresented populations including veterans.
This is a one-year grant program that will start on June 1, 2017 and end on May 31, 2018. Interested applicants can visit the AG’s website, www.mass.gov/ago/grants for more information and for application instructions. Applications must be received by 4 p.m. on Friday, March 31, 2017.