- 田文浩裝置藝術展9/22 敦煌藝術展 9/27
- 全美總會線上講座 - 如何申請進入理想的大學 10/8
- Boston Asian American Film Festival preview party 10/5, festival 10/19-22
- 波克萊台商賞楓 10/28 新英格蘭玉山科協年會11/4
- 紐英倫作協講座 10/19
- 招聘 - BCNC, 武漢大學10/14, 波士頓市府10/19
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 紐英崙中華專業人員協會40週年 10/28 GBCCA年會 2/10
- 醫藥 - HMS deciphering the genome 10/12 首屆世界針灸康養大會12/2-7
- 留美華人企業家聯合會年會10/7 Under 30 Summit 10/1-4
- BCIC - Fintech Roundtable Brainstorming Session 10/9 醫療科技路演 10/13
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- ILF 國際領袖基金會 - ACE Next generation conference 8/18-20
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 麻州州長動態 - Visits Marlborough High School’s Early College Program
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Car Tax Bill
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- council meeting notes 10/1
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - fundraiser for Puerto Rico 10/14
- Ben Chin (陳樂) for Mayor in Maine - Signs were stolen
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- 華人參政 - 牛頓市候選人論壇10/15
- Plays - Lost Tempo 10/5 OLEANNA 10/14-11/5 Elemeno Pea 11/2-19 無名劇社 11/26
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- 劍橋市素描餐廳 10/6 試新菜
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 看見台灣：向齊柏林致敬
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
星期一, 4月 04, 2016
WELLESLEY EXECUTIVE SENTENCED TO PRISON FOR MILLION-DOLLAR EMBEZZLEMENT
WELLESLEY EXECUTIVE SENTENCED TO PRISON
FOR MILLION-DOLLAR EMBEZZLEMENT
BOSTON – The former controller of a Cambridge-based technology company was sentenced in U.S. District Court today for embezzling $1 million from the company.
Andy Kim, 44, of Wellesley, was sentenced by U.S. District Court Judge F. Dennis Saylor, IV to 18 months in prison and year of supervised release. In December 2015, Kim pleaded guilty to two counts of wire fraud.
Kim worked at the company as the controller from 2004 until he was fired in July 2015 after the discovery of the theft. Kim stole $500,000 from the company on two separate occasions, once in July 2014 and again in June 2015. On both occasions, Kim had access to the company’s checking account. He disguised the transactions as transfers of capital to the company’s owner, fabricated records that purported to document legitimate capital transfers, and then planted those records in the company’s files.
On both occasions, Kim wired the money to a bank account belonging to a Massachusetts real-estate investment company. After the July 2014 transfer, the real estate company forwarded the funds to Kim’s personal bank account. In the second fraudulent transfer, Kim arranged for the money to be wired to the real estate company, and then invested the funds on his behalf.
United States Attorney Carmen M. Ortiz and Harold H. Shaw, Special Agent in Charge of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Boston Field Division, made the announcement today. This case was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Brian A. Pérez-Daple of Ortiz’s Economic Crimes Unit.