- 田文浩裝置藝術展9/22 敦煌藝術展 9/27
- 全美總會線上講座 - 如何申請進入理想的大學 10/8
- Boston Asian American Film Festival preview party 10/5, festival 10/19-22
- 波克萊台商賞楓 10/28 新英格蘭玉山科協年會11/4
- 紐英倫作協講座 10/19
- 招聘 - BCNC, 武漢大學10/14, 波士頓市府10/19
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 紐英崙中華專業人員協會40週年 10/28 GBCCA年會 2/10
- 醫藥 - HMS deciphering the genome 10/12 首屆世界針灸康養大會12/2-7
- 留美華人企業家聯合會年會10/7 Under 30 Summit 10/1-4
- BCIC - Fintech Roundtable Brainstorming Session 10/9 醫療科技路演 10/13
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- ILF 國際領袖基金會 - ACE Next generation conference 8/18-20
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 麻州州長動態 - Visits Marlborough High School’s Early College Program
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Car Tax Bill
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- council meeting notes 10/1
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - fundraiser for Puerto Rico 10/14
- Ben Chin (陳樂) for Mayor in Maine - Signs were stolen
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- 華人參政 - 牛頓市候選人論壇10/15
- Plays - Lost Tempo 10/5 OLEANNA 10/14-11/5 Elemeno Pea 11/2-19 無名劇社 11/26
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- 劍橋市素描餐廳 10/6 試新菜
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 看見台灣：向齊柏林致敬
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
星期四, 1月 28, 2016
China-based BioSciKin and Simcere Pharmaceuticals announcing the launch of a life sciences start-up competition that will include a preliminary round in the Boston area. Winners in each preliminary will receive $30,000 in non-dilutive financing, with the top two companies from each region receiving a paid trip to Shanghai to present in front of Chinese investors. The East-coast preliminary will take place on April 5th at MassBio.
Also note that Simcere (as a second part of this release) is announcing the opening of an office in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The Massachusetts Life Sciences Center and MassBio have been working with Simcere on their U.S. location options for the past year.
Chinese Investors Looking for Future Unicorns- startup competition in life science
Cambridge, MA (Jan. 28th, 2016) Nanjing BioSciKin Co., Ltd (“BioSciKin” or “BSK” or the “Company”), an open investment and incubation platform in China for life science innovation, announced today that the Company is sponsoring an international startup contest in life science, especially in precision medicine and e-health. The co-sponsors include influential Chinese industrial investors, pharmaceutical companies and Chinese media with the support of a powerful alliance of strategic investors. The event runs from January to May 2016. It will take place in 8 cities in both China and the US, with the US preliminaries held in San Francisco and Boston.
● Simcere Pharmaceutical Group
● Simcere State Key Laboratory of Translational Medicine and Innovative Drug R&D
● HEALTHCARE EXECUTIVE Magazine
● Firestone Investing
Who should apply?
The event welcomes both companies and entrepreneurial teams in Life science, especially in precision medicine or e-health related areas, including but not limited to: companion diagnostic coupled medicine, Gene Therapy, Cell Therapy, Stem Cell, Bio-bank, Biomarker discovery, NGS, Molecular Diagnostics, POCT, e-Health, 3D Printing, Big Data, etc.
Rewards for winners:
l For each preliminary in the US: $30,000 for first prize (1 winner), and the prize money is non-dilutive.
l Trip to Shanghai to attend final competition in May 2016 for the top two finalists from each preliminary
l For final contestants: potential strategic investments from attending investors
l Option to leverage support from Simcere & BioSciKin: Collaboration opportunities in R&D, marketing, distribution etc.
When & Where:
East Coast Preliminary
Date: April 05, 2016
Time: 4:00 – 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Location: MassBio, 300 Technology Square, 8th Floor, MassBio Collaboration Room, Cambridge, MA 02139
Harvard Medical School Chinese Scholars and Scientists Association (HMS-CSSA), SAPA-NE, MIT-CHIEF, NECINA，CABA , 128 CUTE, ACMA
Supporting organization： MassBio
Publicity partner: Massachusetts Life Sciences Center
West Coast Preliminary
Date: April 07, 2016
Time: 6:30-10:30 p.m. Western Time
Location: Room130, Li Ka Shing Learning and Knowledge Center, 291 Campus Drive, Stanford, CA 94305
Chinese American Biopharmaceutical Society (CABS)
Association of Chinese Students and Scholars at Stanford (ACSSS)
Supporting organization: California Life Sciences Association (CLSA)
How to participate
1. Application Deadline is March 15, 2016: please send an executive summary or no more than 10 slides in either PowerPoint or as a PDF along with your contact information to (Boston) or http://www.cabsweb.org/cabs-business-plan-contest/(SFO).
2. About 10 startups will be selected to showcase their projects at preliminaries. You will receive a formal invitation to the preliminaries. Two teams with the highest ratings from the judging panel will advance to the final.
For more information, please email BSK’s US contacts and ask for a full description of this event.
East Coast： firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-319-8265 or West Coast: email@example.com or call 626-272-6619.
Simcere is an emerging leader in developing, manufacturing and marketing of innovative medicines and branded generics in China. Simcere was the first Chinese chemical and biological drug company to list on the NYSE in 2007. In 2013, the company went private for strategic considerations. In 2015, Simcere’s translational medicine and innovative drug R&D platform was recognized as a State Key Laboratory by the National Ministry of Science and Technology. The company has been actively pursuing cross-border partnerships to bring global innovation to China. In Boston and New Jersey, Simcere now has two offices in the US for accelerating international business development.
BioSciKin (BSK) is an open platform in China for life science entrepreneurs and innovators. BSK focuses on three major healthcare areas: novel therapeutics, medical devices and mobile healthcare services, BSK is looking for partnership from all over the world for co-development of innovative approaches in precision medicine. In Nanjing, Shanghai and Tianjin, BSK has established 3 R&D-oriented incubation parks with advanced R&D facilities to provide entrepreneurs with customized service and support packages. For more information, please go to BSK’s official website: www.bioscikin.com
You can also email to Ms. Ray Zhang, Senior BD director, BioSciKin (firstname.lastname@example.org )
About HEALTHCARE EXECUTIVE Magazine
HEALTHCARE EXECUTIVE is an influential magazine in the Chinese healthcare industry.