- 音樂 - 陳必先鋼琴獨奏會1/27 胡桃山音樂營 7/19-8/12
- BCIC - 中國金融軟件發展狀況 1/19
- BTBA 3D printing 講座 1/20
- 慶新春 - 京津同鄉1/27 安多福華協2/3 GBCCA 2/10
- 北美華文作協 2/3 NEACP慶新春2/24
- CYPN - 顶级商学院面对面 - QS MBA 1/18
- 招聘- 華大基因1/16 南京工業大學1/24 阿里文娛校招 1/15
- 醫藥 - 第88屆國醫節 3/17-18 美國中醫藥學會慶10週年
- 創業 - MIT-CHIEF1/23 MIT亞洲商業論壇3/3 SAUPO 4/13
- 校友、同學會 - MIT-NEU狗年春晚 MIT亞太商務會三月
- HCSSA- 俄羅斯音樂在中國 11/17
- Boston Asian American Film Festival preview party 10/5, festival 10/19-22
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- NECINA - 新英格蘭華人專業人士春晚 2/24
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- Plays - Statement 1/27-3/3 Mala 2/4 MAN OF LA MANCHA EXTENSION to 12/31
- 劍橋市素描餐廳 10/6 試新菜
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 波士頓華埠社區中心/華美福利會/華埠社區聯盟/ 華人醫務中心/ 亞美社區發展協會/ 華夏文化協會
- ACE AAC TAP CACAB NAAAP AARW AAWPI ASPIRE AWH WANG YMCA QARI
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 如何當上連續創業家的共同創辦人
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- ILF 國際領袖基金會 - ILF Civic Fellowship Accepting Applications for 2018
- 麻州州長動態 - Testify Before Joint Committee on Mental Health and Substance Abuse
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - celebrate Lunar New Year 2/21
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Cranston City Directors Participate in Ethics Training
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- MIPIM 2017 - Mapping World Urbanity The Central Theme of MIPIM 2018
星期五, 1月 19, 2018
星期四, 1月 18, 2018
Cranston City Directors Participate in Ethics Training
CRANSTON, RI—The leaders of every city department attended a training session with a Rhode Island Ethics Commission official on Tuesday as part of the city’s ongoing professional development efforts for employees, Cranston Mayor Allan W. Fung announced today.
The session, led by Education Coordinator Jason Gramitt of the Ethics Commission, was a refresher course on state ethics laws that apply to municipal employees as well as an overview of what constitutes a conflict of interest and the factors that can create the appearance of a conflict.
Gramitt provided a detailed overview of the key ethics rules city employees need to know, such as the limit on receiving gifts, restrictions on using city jobs to enrich business associates or family members and when to recuse from decision making because of personal conflicts.
Additionally, Gramitt outlined the Ethics Commission’s role in providing helpful advice and the means for an employee to seek an advisory opinion when the question of whether a conflict exists cannot be immediately determined.
The training session, which was held during the city’s weekly administration staff meeting at City Hall, was organized by the city’s Personnel Director, Daniel O. Parrillo, who has been modernizing and enhancing the city’s human resources functions since he was hired last year. This is one of several ethics training sessions to be held under a Fung administration and Cranston is one of only a small handful of Rhode Island communities to request training from the Ethics Commission.
“The best lesson learned is knowing there is an agency within the state that anyone can utilize when they have a question of a potential conflict or the appearance of a conflict. It is a resource that is underutilized in municipal government,” Director Parrillo said.
“Cranston residents expect and deserve ethical government and this training session is an important exercise in ensuring every city worker is on the same page,” commented Mayor Fung. “I’m proud that Cranston is already an ethically-run city but it’s always helpful to review the rules and have a frank discussion about what’s right and what’s wrong, no matter how severe or trivial. I thank Education Coordinator Grammit for taking the time to share his expertise as well as our city employees who attended this session and take the issue of ethics seriously.”