- 國際領袖基金會 - AAPI Business Summit 5/16
- 創業 - 慶祝亞裔傳統月座談 5/16 MIT-CHIEF HMS-CSSA華人創業論壇 燎原 5/9
- 音樂 - 古箏6/3 黎卓宇6/17 胡桃山音樂營 7/20
- FAPA-MA 年會5/20 紐英崙客家鄉親會年會6/3
- NEACP 5/20 TCCNE台商會美食 5/21 高球賽5/27 教中文策略講座 7/8-20
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- 玉山科協中醫講座5/19 哈佛中醫藥論壇 5/21
- Concrete Actions 5/25 Boston Asian American Film F...
- 校友、同學會 - 北大 法律講座5/23
- CYPN 第三屆健身賽4/29 亞洲女性聯合會
- 中華民俗藝術工作坊 山水印象5/27
- 醫藥 - SAPANE年會6/17 中国在研药品的FDA法规注册之路
- NECINA - 年會 6/17
- 北美華文作協 5/13, 6/1
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟 5/13
- 招聘 - 浙江海外人才洽談會5/27 台州 5/27
- 麻州州長動態 - Presents Green Communities Designation Awards
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Installs New Flood Warning System
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - receving Eleanor Roosevelt Award 5/31
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- meeting notes 5/14
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - Cambridge Mini Bond Program
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- Plays - Peerless 4/27-5/27 New Rep Gala 5/9 Huntington 5/26
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 紅幫裁縫的傳奇
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
星期二, 2月 21, 2017
Middleborough WOMAN Pleads Guilty, SENTENCED FOR Defrauding State’s Medicaid Program
Middleborough WOMAN Pleads Guilty, SENTENCED FOR Defrauding State’s Medicaid Program Defendant Pleaded Guilty to Medicaid Fraud and Larceny
PLYMOUTH – A Middleborough woman has pleaded guilty and been sentenced in connection with making duplicative claims for personal care services, causing an overpayment of more than $140,000 from the state’s Medicaid Program (MassHealth), Attorney General Maura Healey announced today.
Mary Yost, age 54, pleaded guilty on Friday in Plymouth Superior Court to charges of Medicaid Fraud and Larceny over $250 by False Pretenses. After the plea was entered, Superior Court Judge Angel Kelley Brown sentenced Yost to five years of probation. Yost was also ordered to pay restitution and is prohibited from receiving or causing payment of MassHealth funds.
Yost was indicted in February 2016 after an investigation by the AG’s Office revealed that between May 2009 and April 2014, she double-billed MassHealth for more than $140,000 by billing for Personal Care Attendant (PCA) and Adult Foster Care (AFC), more than $80,000 of which was paid directly to her.
The AG’s Office began an investigation upon a referral from MassHealth after they received information that Yost was both a PCA surrogate and AFC caretaker for a member and purposely participated in both the PCA program and the AFC program, in violation of MassHealth regulations.
Yost also submitted timesheets reflecting that another individual provided PCA services to the member between June 2011 and April 2014. The investigation revealed that the individual reflected on the timesheets was working elsewhere or in college for some of these time periods so could not have provided the services.
The MassHealth PCA Program helps people with chronic conditions or long-term disabilities live independently. The program provides funds to pay PCAs who help patients with activities of daily living while members receiving the services act as the PCA’s employer.
MassHealth members who are unable to manage the hiring, training and firing of PCAs themselves may pick a “surrogate” to act for them (typically a family member or legal guardian). MassHealth does not allow surrogates to provide PCA services, and does not pay them to act as surrogates.
The MassHealth AFC program provides for members to receive full-time personal care and requires that the caregiver live with the member. MassHealth contracts with AFC providers to ensure that members receive 24-hour direct personal care, and to provide nursing oversight and case management.
Under AFC regulation, MassHealth will not pay for AFC services if a member is receiving PCA services at the same time.
Assistant Attorney General Evelyn Y. Tang of Attorney General Maura Healey’s Medicaid Fraud Division handled this case, which was investigated by Investigators April Waterhouse and Michael Russo, also of the Medicaid Fraud Division. The Boston office of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General assisted with the investigation along with the State Auditor’s Office.