- 國際領袖基金會 - AAPI Business Summit 5/16
- 創業 - 慶祝亞裔傳統月座談 5/16 MIT-CHIEF HMS-CSSA華人創業論壇 燎原 5/9
- 音樂 - 劍橋合唱團 5/21 于翔 5/21 黎卓宇6/17 胡桃山音樂營 7/20
- FAPA-MA 年會5/20 紐英崙客家鄉親會年會6/3
- NEACP 5/20 TCCNE台商會美食 5/21 高球賽5/27 教中文策略講座 7/8-20
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- 玉山科協中醫講座5/19 哈佛中醫藥論壇 5/21
- Concrete Actions 5/25 Boston Asian American Film F...
- 校友、同學會 - 北大 法律講座5/23
- CYPN 第三屆健身賽4/29 亞洲女性聯合會
- 中華民俗藝術工作坊 山水印象5/27
- 醫藥 - SAPANE年會6/17 中国在研药品的FDA法规注册之路
- NECINA - 年會 6/17
- 北美華文作協 5/13, 6/1
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟 5/13
- 招聘 - 華中科大 5/19 四川大學5/21 浙江海外人才洽談會5/27
- 麻州州長動態 - Presents Green Communities Designation Awards
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Installs New Flood Warning System
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - receving Eleanor Roosevelt Award 5/31
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- meeting notes 5/14
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - Cambridge Mini Bond Program
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- Plays - Peerless 4/27-5/27 New Rep Gala 5/9 Huntington 5/26
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 紅幫裁縫的傳奇
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
星期四, 6月 09, 2016
Treasurer Goldberg Announces over $6.7 Million in Grants for 19 Municipal Water Projects
Treasurer Goldberg Announces over $6.7 Million in Grants
for 19 Municipal Water ProjectsFunds will help cities and towns pay for improvements to drinking
water and wastewater infrastructure
BOSTON – State Treasurer Deb Goldberg, Chair of the Massachusetts Clean Water Trust, today announced more than $6.7 million in loan principal forgiveness for 19 projects in 16 communities statewide. The principle forgiveness funds are administered on a competitive basis to cities and towns most in need of financial assistance to help pay for improvements to drinking water and wastewater infrastructure.
“Providing these funds to local communities will save the rate payers money and also protect the health of the citizens and the environment,” said Treasurer Goldberg. “This $6.7 million is in addition to the $2 million we recently approved to test for lead in the schools, and is another example of the excellent work the Trust does saving our local communities money.”
The Massachusetts Clean Water Trust improves the water quality in the Commonwealth through the provision of low-cost capital financing to cities, towns and other eligible entities. Because of the reduction of loan principal funded by this program, impacted communities will see their bi-annual loan repayments reduced, freeing up capital for other local needs. The loans were originated to pay for municipal water projects such as upgrades to water treatment facilities and storm water and sewer improvement projects.
The communities that earned loan principal forgiveness are: Lynn, Revere, Saugus, Norwood, Quincy, Worcester, Brockton, Gardner, Falmouth, New Bedford, Eastham, Fall River, Plainville, Chicopee, Great Barrington, and Greater Lawrence.
“Massachusetts has chosen to direct these federal SRF funds to water infrastructure projects that are being constructed in some of the lowest income communities in the state,” said Commissioner Martin Suuberg of the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP), a member of the Clean Water Trust. “These are communities where the funds will provide the most benefit in helping residents afford clean and safe drinking water.”
The $6.7 million in loan forgiveness funds is associated with a total original loan amount of more than $185 million. The Massachusetts Clean Water Trust lends financial assistance to the Commonwealth under the State Revolving Fund program by providing subsidized loans to cities and towns for clean water and drinking water infrastructure development. Since its establishment in 1989, the Trust has loaned more than $6.6 billion to improve and maintain the quality of water in the Commonwealth. An estimated 97 percent of Massachusetts’ citizens have benefited from the financial assistance of the Clean Water Trust.
A list of communities and loans impacted by the grants is attached.