- Promote an inclusive workplace culture.
- Build a workplace that supports families and promotes work-life balance.
- View cultural challenges holistically, not as top-down or bottom-up problems and answers.
- Focus on hiring inclusive managers.
- Advance diversity through mentoring between directors and employees.
- Actively recruit, train, and mentor youth to support the next generation of diverse employees.
- 田文浩裝置藝術展9/22 敦煌藝術展 9/27
- 校友、同學會 - 清華9/23 迎新 北美洲成大校友10/13-15
- 玉山科協 9/ 22 台商會稅務講座 9/23
- 華人歷史會 9/29 Boston Asian American Film Festival 10/19-22
- HCSSA- HMS 9/29 慶中秋
- 哈佛台灣同學會迎新 9/23
- 劍橋市餃子節9/24 華文作協講座 9/14 慶教師節9/30
- 創業 - 海外大眾創業萬眾創新週 9/9 Boston Startup Week 9/18
- 招聘 - 北京恆昌
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 醫藥 - CABA 9/30 首屆世界針灸康養大會12/2-7
- 留美華人企業家聯合會年會10/7 Under 30 Summit 10/1-4
- 波士頓華埠社區中心/華美福利會/華埠社區聯盟/ 華人醫務中心/ 亞美社區發展協會/ 華夏文化協會
- ACE AAC TAP CACAB NAAAP AARW AAWPI ASPIRE AWH WANG YMCA QARI
- 第二届中美投融资峰会暨海外人才交流会 NECINA
- BCIC - 海外大眾創業萬眾創新週 9/9
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- ILF 國際領袖基金會 - ACE Next generation conference 8/18-20
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 麻州州長動態 - Awards $2.3 Million to 238 Municipalities and Regional Entities for Recycling Efforts
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Car Tax Bill
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- council meeting notes 9/10
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - 9/26 support Michelle Wu breakfast
- Ben Chin (陳樂) for Mayor in Maine
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - Say thanks and farewell
- Plays - OLEANNA 10/14-11/5
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- 劍橋市素描餐廳 8/9 慶祝世界白酒日
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 看見台灣：向齊柏林致敬
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
星期五, 6月 30, 2017
TREASURER GOLDBERG ANNOUNCES RELEASE OF “BRINGING DIVERSITY ON BOARD” REPORT
TREASURER GOLDBERG ANNOUNCES RELEASE OF
“BRINGING DIVERSITY ON BOARD” REPORT
State Treasurer Deborah B. Goldberg announced the release of a comprehensive report from her “Bringing Diversity on Board” initiative, an effort she launched earlier this year to help corporate leaders advance diversity in the boardroom. In May, Goldberg organized three roundtables in Boston that brought together participants from the following industries: technology; finance; and health care, biotechnology, life sciences, and pharmaceuticals. The report provides a detailed overview of the successful strategies and action items shared at the roundtables.
“Board directors are charged with planning the strategic direction of the companies they oversee in a dynamic and rapidly-evolving environment. Recruiting, investing in, and retaining a diverse board is not just a social goal; it is a business imperative,” said Treasurer Goldberg. “Working together, we are making important progress to strengthen our businesses and our economy. Now is the time to seize the momentum. We hope corporate leaders and other stakeholders find this report helpful and practical.”
The full report is available at this link, and an executive summary is included below.
Successful Strategies for Corporate Leaders:
Plan early, write clearly, and work patiently to recruit diverse directors.
· Recruit a pipeline of diverse directors before seats open.
· Specify, in writing, desired qualities of new directors.
· Require search firms to include women and people of color on the roster.
· Develop a timeline but be flexible.
· Consider implementing term or age limits to create board openings.
· Identify and address unconscious biases and stereotypes.
· Establish clear leadership on diversity from the CEO, board chair, and nominating and governance committee chair.
· Encourage the nominating and governance committee to document its commitment to diversity.
· Explain to investors what happens in the boardroom and frame diversity as a performance issue.
· Raise voices and use influence to advocate and require diversity from vendors.
Action Items for Advocates, Academics, Public Officials, and Investors:
· Highlight company success stories.
· Facilitate shareholder activism beyond boardroom issues.
· Build public-private partnerships with business schools.
· Increase public awareness and use scorecards with detailed goals to generate public momentum and support for board diversity.
· Create a CEO and board chair advisory board.
· Serve as a resource by convening diverse directors to facilitate mentorship and networking opportunities.
· Urge private equity firms and mutual funds to advocate for increased diversity at the companies they hold.
· File targeted shareholder resolutions.
· Connect with broader audiences by explaining the rationale and outcome of corporate governance efforts.