- 田文浩裝置藝術展9/22 敦煌藝術展 9/27
- 全美總會線上講座 - 如何申請進入理想的大學 10/8
- Boston Asian American Film Festival preview party 10/5, festival 10/19-22
- 波克萊台商賞楓 10/28 新英格蘭玉山科協年會11/4
- 紐英倫作協講座 10/19
- 招聘 - BCNC, 武漢大學10/14, 波士頓市府10/19
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 紐英崙中華專業人員協會40週年 10/28 GBCCA年會 2/10
- 醫藥 - HMS deciphering the genome 10/12 首屆世界針灸康養大會12/2-7
- 留美華人企業家聯合會年會10/7 Under 30 Summit 10/1-4
- BCIC - Fintech Roundtable Brainstorming Session 10/9 醫療科技路演 10/13
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- ILF 國際領袖基金會 - ACE Next generation conference 8/18-20
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 麻州州長動態 - Visits Marlborough High School’s Early College Program
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Car Tax Bill
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- council meeting notes 10/1
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - fundraiser for Puerto Rico 10/14
- Ben Chin (陳樂) for Mayor in Maine - Signs were stolen
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- 華人參政 - 牛頓市候選人論壇10/15
- Plays - Lost Tempo 10/5 OLEANNA 10/14-11/5 Elemeno Pea 11/2-19 無名劇社 11/26
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- 劍橋市素描餐廳 10/6 試新菜
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 看見台灣：向齊柏林致敬
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
星期日, 6月 11, 2017
BCNC Hosts 3rd Annual Savor the Flavor
BCNC Hosts 3rd Annual Savor the Flavor
From left Leya King Lim, Joy Lim Nakrin, NBC Boston MC , Russell Chin, BCNC Board Member and event co-chair, Mintong Li and
Cuifeng Tan, BCNC Adult Ed students and event speakers) and Lori Wirkus, event co-chair
(Image Courtesy of Steve Sulewski)
Quincy, MA – Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center (BCNC) Quincy hosted its 3rd annual “Savor the Flavor”event on Saturday, June 3rd at the Quincy Center for Innovation. More than 150 guests gathered to celebrate this community fundraising event in support of BCNC’s Quincy programs for families.
Guests also enjoyed accomplished musician and teacher, June Qin’s captivating performance on the Guzheng.
BCNC celebrated the occasion by offering a sampling of delicacies from local restaurants, Including Vivi Bubble Tea from North Quincy, voted the “best flavor,” of the day by attendees. Additional food and beverage partners included The Chicken and Rice Guys, JP Fuji Group, Mem Tea, Capital One Peets Coffee, Pho Pasteur, and Pho Linh Cuisine of Vietnam.
Joy Lim Nakrin, NBC Boston anchor and reporter, engaged the audience, once again, as the Master-of-Ceremonies. She spoke about BCNC’s commitment to providing access, opportunity, and community to the Asian families in the Greater Boston area. She also praised BCNC in their efforts to help families of the South Shore achieve greater economic success and social well-being.
Quincy Mayor, Thomas Koch, welcomed event goers and Quincy City Councilor, Nina Liang, emphasized the importance of providing community services to a growing Asian population in the Quincy area.
BCNC Adult Education speakers included: Tracy (CuiFeng) Tan and Mintong Li. Tracy arrived in the U.S. in 2016 and started a BCNC Quincy Adult Education Foundations English class last August. She spoke about looking for work that will allow her to continue learning English and to study accounting at Quincy College.
Mintong emigrated from China just a year ago and found BCNC through her grandmother, who was a former BCNC student. Mintong is now studying at Bunker Hill Community College and plans to be an accountant. “I’m very glad to share my story with you,” said Mintong. “And, I want to thank you for supporting BCNC, so they can continue to help people who are like me to have a meaningful life!”
Sponsors included: Bank of America, Tufts Medical Center, South Cove Community Health Center, East Boston Savings Bank, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Chin Law Firm, South Cove Manor at Quincy Point Rehabilitation Center, Flynn | Wirkus | Young, Rockland Trust, Helen Tang, and Guyder Hurley.(From BCNC)