- 田文浩裝置藝術展9/22 敦煌藝術展 9/27
- 全美總會線上講座 - 如何申請進入理想的大學 10/8
- Boston Asian American Film Festival preview party 10/5, festival 10/19-22
- 波克萊台商賞楓 10/28 新英格蘭玉山科協年會11/4
- 紐英倫作協講座 10/19
- 招聘 - BCNC, 武漢大學10/14, 波士頓市府10/19
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 紐英崙中華專業人員協會40週年 10/28 GBCCA年會 2/10
- 醫藥 - HMS deciphering the genome 10/12 首屆世界針灸康養大會12/2-7
- 留美華人企業家聯合會年會10/7 Under 30 Summit 10/1-4
- BCIC - Fintech Roundtable Brainstorming Session 10/9 醫療科技路演 10/13
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- ILF 國際領袖基金會 - ACE Next generation conference 8/18-20
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 麻州州長動態 - Visits Marlborough High School’s Early College Program
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Car Tax Bill
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- council meeting notes 10/1
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - fundraiser for Puerto Rico 10/14
- Ben Chin (陳樂) for Mayor in Maine - Signs were stolen
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- 華人參政 - 牛頓市候選人論壇10/15
- Plays - Lost Tempo 10/5 OLEANNA 10/14-11/5 Elemeno Pea 11/2-19 無名劇社 11/26
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- 劍橋市素描餐廳 10/6 試新菜
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 看見台灣：向齊柏林致敬
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
星期日, 5月 28, 2017
Governor Baker: "Honor and Remember Those We’ve Lost and the Families They’ve Left Behind"
VIDEO: Governor Baker: "Honor and Remember Those We’ve Lost and the Families They’ve Left Behind"
BOSTON – Governor Charlie Baker attended the Massachusetts Military Heroes Fund Memorial Day Ceremony with Lt. Governor Karyn Polito, Mayor Marty Walsh and Secretary Francisco Urena to honor and remember our fallen military heroes in recognition of Memorial Day.
Soldiers and Sailors Monument, Boston Common, Boston, MA
May 25, 2017
GOVERNOR BAKER: "I can’t stress how important it is that we do honor and remember those we’ve lost and the families they’ve left behind.
"I was at an event back in January and speaking to a crowd about something that had nothing to do with military service but I knew that one of the folks who’d been a part of this organization had actually been a member of our Armed Services and had in fact died in Iraq. So in the course of my comments I just spent a few minutes talking about him: about where he was from, what he was interested in as a kid, why he joined the service, how he died, and how much he would have loved to have been there that day to continue to participate in this community service activity with all of his friends and his colleagues. And I asked for people to just take a moment of silence to remember him. People did that, and it was beautiful.
"And then a few months later, a letter showed up at my house that had gotten lost in the mail of the State House, and it was a letter from his mom. She said I just wanted you to know, that even though I wasn't there that day, a whole bunch of people told me what you said about my son and I just want you to know how important it is for us, the parents, the families of those who are lost, that they not be forgotten, that they be remembered and that people continue to speak of them and speak well of them now that they are no longer here to continue to create their own memories. It was a beautiful letter.
"It spoke to this notion that we, those who benefit from the service and the sacrifice of those who wear the uniform and their families, need to be clear about our commitment to honor them, to remember them, and to thank them for what they have done on our behalf."
In honor of Memorial Day, Governor Baker has ordered that the United States flag and the Commonwealth flag be lowered to half-staff at all state buildings from sunrise until and full staff from until sunset on . The order applies to the main or administration building of each public institution of the Commonwealth, other state-owned or state-controlled buildings and all state military installations.