- 田文浩裝置藝術展9/22 敦煌藝術展 9/27
- 校友、同學會 - 清華9/23 迎新 北美洲成大校友10/13-15
- 玉山科協 9/ 22 台商會稅務講座 9/23
- 華人歷史會 9/29 Boston Asian American Film Festival 10/19-22
- HCSSA- HMS 9/29 慶中秋
- 哈佛台灣同學會迎新 9/23
- 劍橋市餃子節9/24 華文作協講座 9/14 慶教師節9/30
- 創業 - 海外大眾創業萬眾創新週 9/9 Boston Startup Week 9/18
- 招聘 - 北京恆昌
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 醫藥 - CABA 9/30 首屆世界針灸康養大會12/2-7
- 留美華人企業家聯合會年會10/7 Under 30 Summit 10/1-4
- 波士頓華埠社區中心/華美福利會/華埠社區聯盟/ 華人醫務中心/ 亞美社區發展協會/ 華夏文化協會
- ACE AAC TAP CACAB NAAAP AARW AAWPI ASPIRE AWH WANG YMCA QARI
- 第二届中美投融资峰会暨海外人才交流会 NECINA
- BCIC - 海外大眾創業萬眾創新週 9/9
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- ILF 國際領袖基金會 - ACE Next generation conference 8/18-20
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 麻州州長動態 - Nominates Meghan Spring to Woburn District Court and Thomas Barbar to Middlesex Probate and Family Court
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Car Tax Bill
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- council meeting notes 9/10
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - 9/26 support Michelle Wu breakfast
- Ben Chin (陳樂) for Mayor in Maine
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - Say thanks and farewell
- Plays - Ideation 9/2-24
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- 劍橋市素描餐廳 8/9 慶祝世界白酒日
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 看見台灣：向齊柏林致敬
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
星期一, 4月 10, 2017
TREASURER GOLDBERG LAUNCHES NEW “BRINGING DIVERSITY ON BOARD” INITIATIVE
TREASURER GOLDBERG LAUNCHES NEW “BRINGING DIVERSITY ON
Announces Plans to Publish Resource for Companies to Advance Board Diversity
BOSTON – State Treasurer Deborah B. Goldberg announced the launch of a new initiative today that her office will use to engage directly with board members, corporate leaders, researchers and advocates, focused on exploring challenging barriers to, and successful strategies for, diversifying corporate boards.
As part of the initiative, “Bringing Diversity on Board,” in May, Goldberg’s office will organize roundtable, working-group discussions focused on various industries – information technology; finance; and health care, biotechnology and pharmaceuticals. Following the roundtables, the Treasurer’s Office will publish a report designed to help companies implement effective strategies for advancing board diversity.
“In a 21st century global marketplace, maximizing financial success requires improving boardroom diversity,” said Treasurer Goldberg. “We look forward to studying proven strategies around the country and engaging with a wide range of corporate leaders and experts to help them drive tangible progress on this critical business issue.”
Goldberg highlighted that the roundtables will enable an array of stakeholders to engage in robust discussions about not only how to enhance board diversity, but also how diverse governance boards help companies maximize profits, expand business opportunities and best serve the interests of shareholders. The roundtables will explore industry-specific challenges – from health care, to finance, to technology – related to advancing board diversity.
Goldberg, who chairs the board of the state’s $62 billion pension fund, has made shareholder engagement and corporate governance key priorities since taking office in 2015. Under new custom proxy voting guidelines proposed by Goldberg and approved this year, which impact how the pension fund votes as a shareholder in the roughly 9,000 companies it owns stock in, the Pension Reserves Investment Management (PRIM) Board now votes against or withholds from all board nominees if less than 30 percent of the company’s board is diverse in terms of gender and race.
While recognizing the impact of these reforms, Goldberg also noted that voting and enforcement alone cannot change corporate culture and institute the systemic changes needed to accelerate the pace of progress in boardrooms. The roundtables and subsequent report from the Treasurer’s Office will aim to build upon existing work done by government, corporate, academic and non-profit leaders around the country.
Individuals interested in learning more about the initiative should email email@example.com.