- 波士頓榮光會9/16 田文浩裝置藝術展9/22 敦煌藝術展 9/27
- 校友、同學會 北大慶中秋9/17 清華9/23 迎新 北美洲成大校友10/13-15
- 玉山科協 9/9 大數據及人工智慧 台商會稅務講座 9/23
- 華人歷史會 9/29 Boston Asian American Film Festival 10/19-22
- HCSSA- HMS 9/29 慶中秋
- 哈佛台灣同學會迎新 9/23
- 劍橋市餃子節9/24 華文作協講座 9/14 慶教師節9/30
- 創業 - 海外大眾創業萬眾創新週 9/9 Boston Startup Week 9/18
- 招聘 - 海航、廈門大學，Babson College,中華頤養院、山東高校
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 醫藥 - 中美健康峰會 9/15 CABA 9/16, 9/30 首屆世界針灸康養大會12/2-7
- 留美華人企業家聯合會年會10/7 Under 30 Summit 10/1-4
- 波士頓華埠社區中心/華美福利會/華埠社區聯盟/ 華人醫務中心/ 亞美社區發展協會/ 華夏文化協會
- ACE AAC TAP CACAB NAAAP AARW AAWPI ASPIRE AWH WANG YMCA QARI
- 第二届中美投融资峰会暨海外人才交流会 NECINA
- BCIC - 海外大眾創業萬眾創新週 9/9
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- ILF 國際領袖基金會 - ACE Next generation conference 8/18-20
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 麻州州長動態 - Nominates Meghan Spring to Woburn District Court and Thomas Barbar to Middlesex Probate and Family Court
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Car Tax Bill
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- council meeting notes 9/10
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - support Andy Vargas
- Ben Chin (陳樂) for Mayor in Maine
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - Say thanks and farewell
- Plays - Huntinton season opening 9/16 爬藤9/16 Ideation 9/2-24
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- 劍橋市素描餐廳 8/9 慶祝世界白酒日
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 看見台灣：向齊柏林致敬
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
星期日, 3月 19, 2017
Social workers are marching!
Social workers are marching!
NASW-MA Hosts Annual Lobby Day (LEAD) on Monday, March 28, 2016
Social Workers for Social Justice
Boston – The MA Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers holds its annual Legislative Education and Advocacy Day (LEAD) on Monday, March 21st from 9am – 3pm. Celebrating March as National Social Work Month, LEAD is one of the largest annual lobby days at the State House each year with a record-breaking 800 participants expected on the 21st.
For the first time in LEAD’s 12-year history, this year’s event will begin with a plenary inside historic Faneuil Hall, capacious enough to seat the 800 social workers who will be participating. Then social workers will march through the streets of Boston to the State House.
“The March for Social Work Values” highlights the importance of our profession and social justice for those with whom we work.
LEAD empowers social workers to effectively advocate for legislation that advances human rights, anti-racism, economic justice and access to health and mental health care – all the more important in 2017 given the policies, budget priorities and threats coming from Washington.
Many legislators will be in attendance or expecting social workers for lobby visits. Representative Byron Rushing, longtime Civil Rights Activist, will speak with participants in Faneuil Hall about what makes a good advocate and why engagement is so critical at this time. Other speakers include Tiziana Dearing, Boston College Social Work professor known for her anti-poverty work, and Kate Audet, social worker and State Government Relations Director at Boston Children’s Hospital, who will tell the story of a legislative win.
The first priority for many social workers will be the Social Work Loan Forgiveness bill establishing a pilot program for young professionals aimed at building the workforce in underserved agencies and including elder services and child welfare. Social workers on the front lines of the opiate crisis will advocate to increase treatment from 14 to 30 days, referring to evidence that demonstrates much stronger effectiveness. Child welfare, economic justice, ending mass incarceration, mental health access, and other social work issues will be at the forefront with related bills.
As the legislative session gets underway, timing could not be better for social workers to make an impact!