- 田文浩裝置藝術展9/22 敦煌藝術展 9/27
- 全美總會線上講座 - 如何申請進入理想的大學 10/8
- Boston Asian American Film Festival preview party 10/5, festival 10/19-22
- 紐英倫作協講座 10/19
- 招聘 - BCNC, 武漢大學10/14, 波士頓市府10/19
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 紐英崙中華專業人員協會40週年 10/28
- 醫藥 - HMS deciphering the genome 10/12 首屆世界針灸康養大會12/2-7
- 留美華人企業家聯合會年會10/7 Under 30 Summit 10/1-4
- BCIC - Fintech Roundtable Brainstorming Session 10/9 醫療科技路演 10/13
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- ILF 國際領袖基金會 - ACE Next generation conference 8/18-20
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 麻州州長動態 - Nominates Paul G. Pino of North Falmouth as Associate Justice of the District Court and Colette M. Santa of Milford as a Member of the Parole Board
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Car Tax Bill
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- council meeting notes 10/1
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - fundraiser for Puerto Rico 10/14
- Ben Chin (陳樂) for Mayor in Maine - Signs were stolen
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- 華人參政 - 牛頓市候選人論壇10/15
- Plays - Lost Tempo 10/5 OLEANNA 10/14-11/5 Elemeno Pea 11/2-19 無名劇社 11/26
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- 劍橋市素描餐廳 10/6 試新菜
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 看見台灣：向齊柏林致敬
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
星期一, 3月 13, 2017
Governor Baker Urges Caution Ahead of Winter Storm
BOSTON – Governor Charlie Baker today is urging caution ahead of a winter storm expected to impact much of the Commonwealth beginning morning. Current forecasts project at least 12 inches of snow across most of Massachusetts, with potential for up to 18 inches, high winds and minor to moderate coastal flooding. Forecasts also predict extremely fast snowfall rates of 2 to 4 inches per hour, creating white out conditions and complicating efforts to keep roadways clear. The Baker-Polito Administration is advising the public to plan ahead and be prepared for dangerous travel conditions that warrant staying off the roads, avoiding unnecessary travel and working from home if possible.
"We are actively monitoring the winter storm expected to impact much of Massachusetts with the potential for up to 18 inches of quickly falling snow, high winds and minor to moderate coastal flooding,” said Governor Charlie Baker. “Extremely fast snow fall rates will create dangerous roadway conditions, and we urge everyone to be prepared to stay off the roads, take public transit if necessary and work from home if possible. We will continue to monitor the forecast and provide updates as the storm approaches.”
The Baker-Polito Administration remains in close contact with the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA), National Weather Service (NWS), Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) and State Police (MSP) to monitor the forecast and will work to alert the public with important updates or notifications.
Highway Travel: MassDOT highway crews and contractors will be treating roadways throughout the day, and activated for snow clearing deployments as conditions warrant. HOV lanes will not be opened for morning or evening commutes. Tandem trucks and specially permitted vehicles (propane) will be restricted from travelling the Turnpike as of morning.
MBTA: The MBTA is planning to operate a normal weekday schedule, with the exception of ferry and Mattapan Line service. ferry service is suspended and the Mattapan Line will be replaced by bus shuttles. Commuters are encouraged to be patient, allow plenty of time for travel and plan ahead by checking MBTA.com/winter or @MBTA on Twitter for real-time updates.
Commuter Rail: The Commuter Rail will be operating a severe weather or “blue level” schedule. Commuters are encouraged to visit http://www.mbta.com/winter/
commuter_rail_advisory/ for schedule information.
Massport/Airport: Cancellations are expected and travelers are encouraged to check with their airline carriers for additional information about their flights.
Public Safety: Please keep home and auto exhaust vents clear to prevent carbon monoxide exposure and avoid downed utility wires. Also, please assist in keeping sidewalks, and fire hydrants and storm drains in your neighborhood clear. If you should lose power during the storm, please visit www.mass.gov/dfs for safety tips from the Department of Fire Services on home generators, carbon monoxide and candle safety tips.
The State Emergency Operations Center at MEMA Headquarters in Framingham is closely monitoring the storm and forecast to provide situational awareness.