網頁

星期一, 12月 19, 2016

A Statement from House Speaker Robert A. DeLeo

A Statement from House Speaker Robert A. DeLeo

“I am pleased that the First Circuit Court of Appeals has reversed the convictions of John O’Brien and the other employees of the Probation Department in connection with the alleged scheme to receive legislative appropriations in return for jobs in the Probation Department. 

I am particularly grateful that the Court has found that no member of the legislature had committed any impropriety in connection with the allegations in the indictment. It is unfortunate that for six and a half years other legislators and I have lived under the cloud of suspicion of having been involved in illegal activity. 

Today, the Court of Appeals has affirmed what I have said for the entire period – that neither I, nor to my knowledge any other legislator had engaged in any wrongdoing. The decision of the Court constitutes a complete exoneration for this institution and all of its members. These false and scurrilous allegations can now be given an appropriate burial.”

沒有留言: