- 創業 - MIT-CHIEF 11/17-19 ACE Breakfast 11/20 HMS 創業沙龍11/20
- 醫藥 - 美中醫學交流學會 11/18 哈佛中醫藥論壇12/3 CABA 12/9 首屆世界針灸康養...
- HCSSA- 俄羅斯音樂在中國 11/17
- 校友、同學會 - 清華浙江行 北一女 12/2
- NECINA/ 中國旅美科協 12/2
- "我們" 11/16 淘金熱150週年城鎮會議12/2
- 專業小聚 11/12 10/28 GBCCA年會 2/10
- BCIC - BCICBCIC Healthcare: Uncover the Secrets of Biotech Stocks Investment, 12/01@MIT
- 田文浩裝置藝術展9/22 敦煌藝術展 9/27
- 榮光會11/11 台灣人公共事務會11/11
- Boston Asian American Film Festival preview party 10/5, festival 10/19-22
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 留美華人企業家聯合會年會10/7 Under 30 Summit 10/1-4
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- ILF 國際領袖基金會 - ILF Civic Fellowship Accepting Applications for 2018
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- MIPIM 2017 - MIPIM PROPTECH EUROPE IN JUNE 2018
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- council meeting notes 10/1
- Ben Chin (陳樂) for Mayor in Maine - please vote on 11/13
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- Plays - Lost Tempo 10/5 OLEANNA 10/14-11/5 Elemeno Pea 11/2-19 無名劇社 11/26
- 劍橋市素描餐廳 10/6 試新菜
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 尋夢無痕
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
- 麻州州長動態 - Visits Marlborough High School’s Early College Program
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - meeting note11/15 holi...
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Car Tax Bill
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委...
- 波士頓華埠社區中心/華美福利會/華埠社區聯盟/ 華人醫務中心/ 亞美社區發展協會/ 華夏文化協會
- ACE AAC TAP CACAB NAAAP AARW AAWPI ASPIRE AWH WANG YMCA QARI
星期一, 7月 25, 2016
Stop & Shop 母公司將和Hannaford連鎖超市合併
AG HEALEY ANNOUNCES SETTLEMENT ALLOWING PARENT COMPANIES OF STOP & SHOP AND HANNAFORD SUPERMARKET CHAINS TO MERGE
BOSTON – Following a review of the proposed merger between Stop & Shop and Hannaford supermarkets, Attorney General Maura Healey announced today the terms of a settlement allowing the companies’ transaction to move forward.
The AG’s Office joined attorneys general in Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia and the Federal Trade Commission to complete a national review of the transaction. The proposed merger combines the parent companies of multiple supermarket chains in the United States and Europe. In a settlement, filed in conjunction today with a lawsuit in the federal district court for the District of Columbia, Ahold and Delhaize are required to divest 81 of their stores nationwide to competitors in order to complete the merger.
“Stop & Shop and Hannaford supermarkets are located in numerous Massachusetts communities,” said AG Healey. “By requiring divestitures in cities and towns where the merger would significantly reduce competition, this settlement maintains a marketplace with incentives for stores to offer the best prices, service, and merchandise to consumers.”
Eight of the stores required to be divested before the merger takes place are located in Massachusetts. Big Y Foods, Inc. will be acquiring Hannaford stores in Kingston, Quincy, Norwell, Milford, Norwood, Saugus and Easton, and Tops Markets, LLC will be acquiring a Stop & Shop store located in Gardner.
Ahold operates more than 130 Stop & Shop stores in Massachusetts and its principal U.S. subsidiary, Ahold U.S.A., Inc., is headquartered in Quincy. Delhaize operates more than 20 Hannaford stores in Massachusetts its principal U.S. subsidiary, Delhaize America, LLC, is headquartered in North Carolina.
This matter was handled by Assistant Attorney General Michael MacKenzie, Division Chief William Matlack, and Paralegal/Economic Analyst Kyle Barr of Attorney General Healey’s Antitrust Division.