- 田文浩裝置藝術展9/22 敦煌藝術展 9/27
- 全美總會線上講座 - 如何申請進入理想的大學 10/8
- Boston Asian American Film Festival preview party 10/5, festival 10/19-22
- 波克萊台商賞楓 10/28 新英格蘭玉山科協年會11/4
- 紐英倫作協講座 10/19
- 招聘 - BCNC, 武漢大學10/14, 波士頓市府10/19
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 紐英崙中華專業人員協會40週年 10/28 GBCCA年會 2/10
- 醫藥 - HMS deciphering the genome 10/12 首屆世界針灸康養大會12/2-7
- 留美華人企業家聯合會年會10/7 Under 30 Summit 10/1-4
- BCIC - Fintech Roundtable Brainstorming Session 10/9 醫療科技路演 10/13
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- ILF 國際領袖基金會 - ACE Next generation conference 8/18-20
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 麻州州長動態 - Visits Marlborough High School’s Early College Program
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Car Tax Bill
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- council meeting notes 10/1
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - fundraiser for Puerto Rico 10/14
- Ben Chin (陳樂) for Mayor in Maine - Signs were stolen
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- 華人參政 - 牛頓市候選人論壇10/15
- Plays - Lost Tempo 10/5 OLEANNA 10/14-11/5 Elemeno Pea 11/2-19 無名劇社 11/26
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- 劍橋市素描餐廳 10/6 試新菜
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 看見台灣：向齊柏林致敬
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
星期六, 7月 09, 2016
當代國際藝術村新展覽 7/10 下午兩點開幕
An opening reception for the exhibition will take place at The Quarry on July 10, 2016, 2pm to 5pm. Robert will be present for an artist talk Sunday July 24 at 2pm.*
As an interdisciplinary artist, Robert Maloney has often incorporated “space” into his visual memories/experience. Inspired by the fluid and flawed process of our deteriorating memories, Maloney’s Building Memories installation at CAI Gallery utilizes digital projection of portraits that are superimposed onto architecturally inspired structures made of topographic maps and thin strips of wood. The portraits ameliorate and deteriorate through a series of time lapse animations, as the imagery is projected onto the structures, they dissolve and reform at different stages of recognition.
The skeletal structures fragment the imagery into a field of cubistlike architectural shadows. “We struggle to make out the features embedded in the structures in the same way that we excavate the memories of the individuals and dwellings of our past…” as Maloney stated. In this installation, a soundtrack of ambient and rhythmic sounds will accompany the video footage to create a fully immersive experience for the viewer.
In conjunction with “Building Memories” at CAI, a joint exhibit of Robert’s monotype prints and mixed media wall constructions will be on view at Rapscallion Table & Tap, a restaurant/bar only two miles away from CAI grounds (artist reception July 31, 3pm 5pm).
Robert Maloney is an Assistant Professor at the Massachusetts College of Art and Design. His recent work focuses on the connections between the temporary materials of our manmade, urban structures and how these fragile forms relate to the erosion of memory. His work has been featured in Creative Quarterly Magazine, Cloth Paper Scissors Magazine, The Pulse of Mixed Media (North Light Books), Art Revolution (North Light Books) and Artscope Magazine and his work is held in the collection of Wellington Management, Liberty Mutual and private collections.
* The gallery is closed for a private event July 16.
CAI’s admission fee is $5 for students and $10 for adults, which will include a tour of the studio and the sculpture park. For a group rate (10+), please contact us beforehand so that we can better prepare for your visit.
For more information, visit our website at www.contemporaryartsinternational.org.
Contemporary Arts International (CAI), also known as The Quarry, is a non-profit located in a 12.9-acre quarry in Acton MA. The mission of CAI is to promote the creation, understanding and appreciation of contemporary arts in the global context through art education, exhibition, and international symposium. For more information, visit the CAI’s website.
Contemporary Arts International (CAI)
68 Quarry Road
Acton MA 01720
The Contemporary Arts International (CAI), a non-profit art center located at 68 Quarry Road, Acton MA, is hosting an exhibition, “Building Memories” featuring installation and digital projection work by Robert Maloney, the show will run from July 6 through July 31, 2016 at CAI Gallery. An opening reception will take place on July 10 from 2pm to 5pm, with Artist Talk at 2pm. The CAI is open to visitors everyday 2pm to 5pm or by appointment (617-699-6401). The admission is $5 for students and $10 for adults.