- 田文浩裝置藝術展9/22 敦煌藝術展 9/27
- 全美總會線上講座 - 如何申請進入理想的大學 10/8
- Boston Asian American Film Festival preview party 10/5, festival 10/19-22
- 波克萊台商賞楓 10/28 新英格蘭玉山科協年會11/4
- 紐英倫作協講座 10/19
- 招聘 - BCNC, 武漢大學10/14, 波士頓市府10/19
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 紐英崙中華專業人員協會40週年 10/28 GBCCA年會 2/10
- 醫藥 - HMS deciphering the genome 10/12 首屆世界針灸康養大會12/2-7
- 留美華人企業家聯合會年會10/7 Under 30 Summit 10/1-4
- BCIC - Fintech Roundtable Brainstorming Session 10/9 醫療科技路演 10/13
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- ILF 國際領袖基金會 - ACE Next generation conference 8/18-20
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 麻州州長動態 - Visits Marlborough High School’s Early College Program
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Car Tax Bill
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- council meeting notes 10/1
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - fundraiser for Puerto Rico 10/14
- Ben Chin (陳樂) for Mayor in Maine - Signs were stolen
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- 華人參政 - 牛頓市候選人論壇10/15
- Plays - Lost Tempo 10/5 OLEANNA 10/14-11/5 Elemeno Pea 11/2-19 無名劇社 11/26
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- 劍橋市素描餐廳 10/6 試新菜
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 看見台灣：向齊柏林致敬
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
星期三, 6月 08, 2016
Boston Chinatown Atlas Project Now Online.
Boston Chinatown Atlas Project Now Online.
Creator Tunney Lee Speaks Thursday, June 9th in Boston Chinatown.
Boston, MA, June 8, 2016--The Chinese Historical Society of New England (CHSNE) is proud to announce the online launch of MIT Professor Emeritus Tunney Lee’s Boston Chinatown Atlas (http://chinatownatlas.mit.
edu/). The website documents and explores Chinatown’s growth and change through time as told by personal stories, photos, maps, and interactive features.
Susan Chinsen, Managing Director of CHSNE, is celebrating the website’s accessibility: “Many have already benefited from the traveling exhibition panels, and with the unveiling of the website, many more will now have access to a comprehensive, multilayered, one-stop resource about the history of Boston’s Chinatown.”
The public is invited to a free presentation and Q&A with Lee covering the research process, the current website, and future plans for the project. Please join Lee and CHSNE this Thursday, June 9, 2016 from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM at Tufts Medical Center - Wolff Auditorium, 800 Washington Street, Boston. For more information about the event and to reserve free tickets, please go to https://ChinatownAtlasLaunch.
About Chinatown Atlas
Boston’s Chinatown serves as the economic, social, and cultural center for one of the fastest growing populations in Massachusetts. The project and the website seeks to understand and tell the story of Chinatown’s history, dynamics, and context, and to encourage future generations to appreciate the traditions and to preserve the community’s vitality. The presented information comes from extensive archival research, census data, and interviews with community members, contextualized the the history of Greater Boston. The Chinatown Atlas concept originated more than 20-years ago between Tunney Lee and Randall Imai through a series illustrations of Chinatown.
The Boston Chinatown Atlas is a collaborative project led by Tunney Lee, David Chang, Randall Imai, Jonathan Wyss, Kelly Sandefer, Kye Liang, Tien-yi Lee, Chinese Historical Society of New England, Chinatown Lantern Cultural and Educational Center, UMass Boston Institute for Asian American Studies, and many former MIT alumni and community members.
About the Chinese Historical Society of New England (CHSNE)
CHSNE is a non-profit membership organization established in 1992 to document, preserve, and promote the history, impact and legacy of Chinese immigration to and settlement in New England. CHSNE supports researchers through our archival photographs and ephemera, oral histories, and object collections. CHSNE hosts various events throughout the year, including lectures by local scholars and authors, walking tours of Chinatown, movie screenings, and an annual banquet. Our bilingual newsletter features local events, short essays, notices, and community opportunities. We strive to work on diverse projects that allow us to showcase local history for a public audience. chsne.org