- 田文浩裝置藝術展9/22 敦煌藝術展 9/27
- 全美總會線上講座 - 如何申請進入理想的大學 10/8
- Boston Asian American Film Festival preview party 10/5, festival 10/19-22
- 波克萊台商賞楓 10/28 新英格蘭玉山科協年會11/4
- 紐英倫作協講座 10/19
- 招聘 - BCNC, 武漢大學10/14, 波士頓市府10/19
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 紐英崙中華專業人員協會40週年 10/28 GBCCA年會 2/10
- 醫藥 - HMS deciphering the genome 10/12 首屆世界針灸康養大會12/2-7
- 留美華人企業家聯合會年會10/7 Under 30 Summit 10/1-4
- BCIC - Fintech Roundtable Brainstorming Session 10/9 醫療科技路演 10/13
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- ILF 國際領袖基金會 - ACE Next generation conference 8/18-20
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 麻州州長動態 - Visits Marlborough High School’s Early College Program
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Car Tax Bill
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- council meeting notes 10/1
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - fundraiser for Puerto Rico 10/14
- Ben Chin (陳樂) for Mayor in Maine - Signs were stolen
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- 華人參政 - 牛頓市候選人論壇10/15
- Plays - Lost Tempo 10/5 OLEANNA 10/14-11/5 Elemeno Pea 11/2-19 無名劇社 11/26
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- 劍橋市素描餐廳 10/6 試新菜
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 看見台灣：向齊柏林致敬
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
星期五, 4月 22, 2016
中華專協 MFA 文化之旅 5/4
The New England Association of Chinese Professionals (NEACP) 紐英崙中華專業人員協會 is organizing their 16th Culture Tour 文化之旅, visiting Museum of Fine Arts (MFA) on Wednesday, May 4, 2016. Subject will be the MFA’s current exhibitions including the recently opened Song Gallery 宋代藝術展廳with newly repaired Guanyin 觀音, as well as the "Megacities Asia 亞洲巨城" special exhibition. After the tour, one could visit MFA’s other exhibitions at leisure or join the group for dinner.
This event is open to all who are interested. Admission is free for NEACP members and students. $10 for all others paid on the day of tour. Maximum 25 people accepted. Registration is required before Monday, April 25, 2016. Dinner $40 per person. See details below.
The Agenda on Wednesday, May 4, 2016 will be:
5 PM sharp: meet at the Fenway Entrance (where two giant sculptures of baby heads stand, NOT the main entrance on Huntington Ave where the giant red flower is.)
5:10-5:50 PM: guided tour with Ms. Nancy Berliner 白铃安 (Wu Tung Curator of Chinese Art) at the new Song Gallery. The centerpiece of the gallery is the larger-than-life wood polychrome sculpture, Guanyin 彩色木雕觀音, Bodhisattva of Compassion (early 12th century). The object, which hasn’t been on view since 1999, underwent an 18-month conservation process before being unveiled to the public.
Additional highlights of the gallery 鎮館級作品 include the Nine Dragons scroll 《九龍圖卷》(dated 1244, by the scholar, official, poet and painter Chen Rong 陳容), widely celebrated as the greatest Chinese dragon painting in existence.
6- 6:40 PM: Self-guided tour on the MFA special exhibition: "Megacities Asia 亞洲巨城”, cities in Asia that have population over ten millions. 11 artists in this exhibition respond to the political, environmental, and social conditions of their home cities of Beijing, Shanghai, Delhi, Mumbai, and Seoul, conveying their textures, proportions, and striking material and visual juxtapositions into 19 pieces of art works. 探究大型城市的快速都市化和人口急速成長，如何反映在藝術作品中。 Among the 11 artists, 4 are from China presenting 5 pieces, including Ai Weiwei艾未未 、胡項城、宋冬、尹秀珍。The 19 pieces are displayed in 7 locations inside the museum, mostly downstairs, as well as outside of MFA on Huntington Ave museum entrance, and also at Faneuil Hall Quincy Market.
6:50 PM: dinner at MFA's own Bravo restaurant. $40 per person.
Bravo Chef special fixed three courses menu (vegetarian available), with appetizer, entrees, and desert. Plus coffee or tea, and red or white wine for each. Tax and gratuity are also included. This is a special discounted price for our group only.
Please contact Cathy Chan (譚嘉陵) via Email: jialintan58@g , before Monday, April 25, 2016 for registration. Please provide your email address and cell phone for contact, and specify the number of participants, whether you will join us for dinner, and whether you are a vegetarian. Free museum admission and free parking are available for all participants.