- Call or visit friends or family who are not doing well.
- Donate time, money or goods to charity
- Offer assistance to your co-workers when they are behind.
- Talk to someone you trust
- Write in a journal. White a letter to an imaginary friend.
- Create a piece of art.
- Sing a song or play a piece of music.
- 田文浩裝置藝術展9/22 敦煌藝術展 9/27
- 全美總會線上講座 - 如何申請進入理想的大學 10/8
- Boston Asian American Film Festival preview party 10/5, festival 10/19-22
- 波克萊台商賞楓 10/28 新英格蘭玉山科協年會11/4
- 紐英倫作協講座 10/19
- 招聘 - BCNC, 武漢大學10/14, 波士頓市府10/19
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 紐英崙中華專業人員協會40週年 10/28 GBCCA年會 2/10
- 醫藥 - HMS deciphering the genome 10/12 首屆世界針灸康養大會12/2-7
- 留美華人企業家聯合會年會10/7 Under 30 Summit 10/1-4
- BCIC - Fintech Roundtable Brainstorming Session 10/9 醫療科技路演 10/13
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- ILF 國際領袖基金會 - ACE Next generation conference 8/18-20
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 麻州州長動態 - Visits Marlborough High School’s Early College Program
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Car Tax Bill
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- council meeting notes 10/1
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - fundraiser for Puerto Rico 10/14
- Ben Chin (陳樂) for Mayor in Maine - Signs were stolen
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- 華人參政 - 牛頓市候選人論壇10/15
- Plays - Lost Tempo 10/5 OLEANNA 10/14-11/5 Elemeno Pea 11/2-19 無名劇社 11/26
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- 劍橋市素描餐廳 10/6 試新菜
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 看見台灣：向齊柏林致敬
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
星期五, 4月 29, 2016
We had a great workshop style meeting again, about 40 seniors showed up and participated this morning. We are so happy to have Dr. Chuang from South Cove Manor. Dr. Zhuang is board-Certified Family Physician graduated from Yale University School of Medicine and Brown Medical School.
The workshop topic today was Young people wouldn't know: the secret to health and happiness that Only the Elders Know.
Dr. Chuang opened the seminar with introduction of this topic. He asked the audience how many people have helped others or shared their stories with others. Almost all of them raised their hands, one senior said he gave someone directions.
Dr. Chuang explained the reason of why he asked these questions:
When we help others, we have something that the other party does not have at the moment. It can be knowledge, time, energy, health, money, etc. The act of helping reminds us what we have. At the same time, we may make others better. That's a great way to make ourselves happy. Besides, seniors can share their unique experience and stories with others, express oneself also makes one happier
Here are his suggested activities :
To combine those, seniors can pass along knowledge and experience to younger generations. This process can allow older and younger generations to stay connected. It also provides an opportunity to tell one’s story.
On the activity that we did today, Dr. Chuang posted questions to the audience to discuss about what they have learned so far from their own life and from observation of others’ successes and mistakes.
1. Advise about successful nurturing relationship like marriage or life-long partnership/friendship?
They think life-long marriage became best friendship after years of development.
2. Secret about raising children?
One senior commented that generation gap is big issue as many of their children grown up in the US. She experienced relationship gap between her kids and herself. She felt especially frustrated when her kids don’t listen to her advise.
Dr.Chuang recommend she should spend more time with her kids and guide them through the process, instead of tell them directly what to do.
3. Advice about finding fulfilling work? How to success at work?
Do things that they are passion at the most. Many of them think money is less important at their stage of life, they can find something new to try out or volunteer. Dr. Chuang advised even if they are working on something that does not completely fit with their desire career, try to learn as much as they can.
4. Advice about growing older? Any lesson about staying in good health?
Answers from the audience like: less stubborn attitude, stay positive and connected with younger generation, share life stories, exercises.
To sum up, Dr. Chuang agreed those are very valuable advise from the audience. He advised that they can try to write down those experience, even a book! Or be friend someone younger in your family, in your neighborhood, or in any social circle.
Our next breakfast seminar located will be moved to our new SCM AHI location at BECE auditorium, 120 Shawmut Ave, Boston, MA 02118, on May 26th, 2016 at 9:30am.