- 田文浩裝置藝術展9/22 敦煌藝術展 9/27
- 全美總會線上講座 - 如何申請進入理想的大學 10/8
- Boston Asian American Film Festival preview party 10/5, festival 10/19-22
- 波克萊台商賞楓 10/28 新英格蘭玉山科協年會11/4
- 紐英倫作協講座 10/19
- 招聘 - BCNC, 武漢大學10/14, 波士頓市府10/19
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 紐英崙中華專業人員協會40週年 10/28 GBCCA年會 2/10
- 醫藥 - HMS deciphering the genome 10/12 首屆世界針灸康養大會12/2-7
- 留美華人企業家聯合會年會10/7 Under 30 Summit 10/1-4
- BCIC - Fintech Roundtable Brainstorming Session 10/9 醫療科技路演 10/13
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- ILF 國際領袖基金會 - ACE Next generation conference 8/18-20
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 麻州州長動態 - Visits Marlborough High School’s Early College Program
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Car Tax Bill
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- council meeting notes 10/1
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - fundraiser for Puerto Rico 10/14
- Ben Chin (陳樂) for Mayor in Maine - Signs were stolen
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- 華人參政 - 牛頓市候選人論壇10/15
- Plays - Lost Tempo 10/5 OLEANNA 10/14-11/5 Elemeno Pea 11/2-19 無名劇社 11/26
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- 劍橋市素描餐廳 10/6 試新菜
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 看見台灣：向齊柏林致敬
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
星期四, 4月 14, 2016
BCNC Youth and Adult Students Actively Engage with Senate Candidates
BOSTON – Students from the Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center’s Adult Education program and Youth Center attended a community-based forum held March 16, 2016. This was the first time most of the students have had an opportunity to engage with their civic leaders. The seven Senate candidates were vying for the state seat previously held by Senator Anthony Petruccelli of East Boston. The forum was held at the Josiah Quincy Elementary school with approximately 200 audience members in attendance.
BCNC Adult Education students exercised their civic duty and gained in their feeling of empowerment, as they expressed their concerns and became familiar with the candidates’ views on important issues, including: language access, affordable housing, transportation and employment opportunities. To prepare, the Adult Education teachers taught lessons on government structure, civic rights and responsibilities and the role of government. Adult Education students also assisted with forum tasks, including voter registration, ushering, timekeeping and greeting attendees.John Wang, a BCNC youth, represented Asian American youth at the forum and asked the candidates about their views on the Charter School Cap and its implications for Boston Public School students.
Senate candidates faced off in the Democratic primary on April 12th with Joe Bancore besting the six other candidates. A special election is slated for May 10 to fill the vacant seat.
The Candidates Forum was sponsored by the Asian and Pacific Islanders' Civic Action Network, otherwise known as APIs CAN!. Co-Sponsors included: Asian American Civic Association, Asian Community Development Corporation, Chinatown Resident Association, Chinese Progressive Association, Chinese Progressive Political Action, MassVOTE and the South Cove Community Health Center.
The district includes Revere, Winthrop, and areas of Cambridge and Boston including Chinatown. The six candidates attending the forum were Joseph Boncore, Lydia Edwards, Diana Hwang, state Rep. Jay Livingstone, Revere city councilor Steven Morabito and Paul Rogers. Candidate Dan Rizzo was not present.