- 田文浩裝置藝術展9/22 敦煌藝術展 9/27
- 全美總會線上講座 - 如何申請進入理想的大學 10/8
- Boston Asian American Film Festival preview party 10/5, festival 10/19-22
- 波克萊台商賞楓 10/28 新英格蘭玉山科協年會11/4
- 紐英倫作協講座 10/19
- 招聘 - BCNC, 武漢大學10/14, 波士頓市府10/19
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 紐英崙中華專業人員協會40週年 10/28 GBCCA年會 2/10
- 醫藥 - HMS deciphering the genome 10/12 首屆世界針灸康養大會12/2-7
- 留美華人企業家聯合會年會10/7 Under 30 Summit 10/1-4
- BCIC - Fintech Roundtable Brainstorming Session 10/9 醫療科技路演 10/13
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- ILF 國際領袖基金會 - ACE Next generation conference 8/18-20
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 麻州州長動態 - Visits Marlborough High School’s Early College Program
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Car Tax Bill
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- council meeting notes 10/1
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - fundraiser for Puerto Rico 10/14
- Ben Chin (陳樂) for Mayor in Maine - Signs were stolen
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- 華人參政 - 牛頓市候選人論壇10/15
- Plays - Lost Tempo 10/5 OLEANNA 10/14-11/5 Elemeno Pea 11/2-19 無名劇社 11/26
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- 劍橋市素描餐廳 10/6 試新菜
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 看見台灣：向齊柏林致敬
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
星期五, 4月 29, 2016
NAAAP Boston Announces 2016 Future Leader Award Winners
BOSTON, MA - The National Association of Asian American Professionals Boston Chapter (NAAAP Boston) is proud to announce that Tina Huang, Cindy Tao, and Lincy Shen are the three winners of the 2016 NAAAP Boston Future Leader Award which includes the Richard and Chou Lee Future Leader Award, the MassMutual Future Leader Award, and the Liberty Mutual Future Leader Award.
Each student will receive a $5,000 scholarship award at the NAAAP Boston Scholarship Awards Luncheon on May 21st. The celebration will be held at Hotel Marlowe in Cambridge from 11:30am to 1:30pm.
This year, NAAAP Boston is excited to have Nina Liang, City Councilor of Quincy, join us as the featured speaker. Nina is the first Chinese American to be elected to the city's public office and we are honored to have a leader who strongly represents the Asian American community speak at the luncheon.
NAAAP Boston’s Future Leader Award is the premier scholarship for Asian American high school students in the Greater Boston area. With the purpose of aspiring leaders in the Asian American community, this scholarship awards outstanding students based on their academic achievements, extracurricular involvement, community service, work experience, financial circumstances and leadership potential. Since the inception of the Future Leader Award in 1987, the NAAAP Boston has awarded over $150,000 to 80 high school seniors.
About the Three Future Leader Award Winners
2016 Richard and Chou Lee Future Leader Award
Tina Huang is currently a senior at Boston Latin School. She is Vice President of Boston Latin School Connect, welcoming new students and incoming freshman and supporting their transition to high school. Tina is also a member of the National Honors Society, Asian Students in Action, and WolfPack Volunteers. Outside school, she also serves as student ambassador for Americans Promoting Studying Abroad where she promotes student exchange programs between the US and China. She is very involved with the Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center where she worked as a front desk assistant. Tina also serves on the organization’s Youth Advisory Group and worked on a campaign raising awareness of on critical issues including healthy eating/life style and air pollution in Chinatown. Her goal is to create a bridge between Chinatown and the larger Boston community.
2016 MassMutual Future Leader Award
Cindy Tao is currently a senior at Boston Latin Academy. Her goal is to be a child psychologist because she loves being around kids. She works at VIETAID, first as a tutor and now as a teaching assistant in teaching math to elementary school students. In addition, Cindy taught Vietnamese American history at VIETAID’s summer enrichment program to 6-8 year old students. She also volunteered at St. Joseph Rehab and Nurse Care Center. At Boston Latin Academy, she is Editor of the Yearbook Committee, and Chief of Staff of Student Government. In addition, she is Vice President of the Asian Student Association Club where she helped put together “Asian Night” which showcases diversity within the Asian culture.
2016 Liberty Mutual Future Leader Award
Lincy Shen is currently a senior at North Quincy High School. She is president of the Math Club. She is a member of the National Honor Society, Foreign Language Honor Society, Science Olympiad, and Academic Decathalon. Lincy also played on the Girls Junior Varsity Tennis Team. Outside school, Lincy volunteered at Quincy Asian Resources Inc. and Uplift Afterschool Program. She currently works on the Youth Staff at the Chinese Progressive Association where she led and planned the Chinatown Library campaign. Her goal is to build her own language skills and help new immigrants by providing translations and financial literacy.