- 田文浩裝置藝術展9/22 敦煌藝術展 9/27
- 全美總會線上講座 - 如何申請進入理想的大學 10/8
- Boston Asian American Film Festival preview party 10/5, festival 10/19-22
- 波克萊台商賞楓 10/28 新英格蘭玉山科協年會11/4
- 紐英倫作協講座 10/19
- 招聘 - BCNC, 武漢大學10/14, 波士頓市府10/19
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 紐英崙中華專業人員協會40週年 10/28 GBCCA年會 2/10
- 醫藥 - HMS deciphering the genome 10/12 首屆世界針灸康養大會12/2-7
- 留美華人企業家聯合會年會10/7 Under 30 Summit 10/1-4
- BCIC - Fintech Roundtable Brainstorming Session 10/9 醫療科技路演 10/13
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- ILF 國際領袖基金會 - ACE Next generation conference 8/18-20
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 麻州州長動態 - Visits Marlborough High School’s Early College Program
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Car Tax Bill
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- council meeting notes 10/1
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - fundraiser for Puerto Rico 10/14
- Ben Chin (陳樂) for Mayor in Maine - Signs were stolen
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- 華人參政 - 牛頓市候選人論壇10/15
- Plays - Lost Tempo 10/5 OLEANNA 10/14-11/5 Elemeno Pea 11/2-19 無名劇社 11/26
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- 劍橋市素描餐廳 10/6 試新菜
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 看見台灣：向齊柏林致敬
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
星期五, 3月 25, 2016
NASW Hosts Annual Lobby Day (LEAD) on Monday, March 28
The social workers are coming! The social workers are coming!
NASW Hosts Annual Lobby Day (LEAD) on Monday, March 28, 2016
Social Workers for Social Justice
Boston – The MA Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers holds it annual Legislative Education and Advocacy Day (LEAD) on Monday, March 28th from 10am – 3pm. Concluding a celebration of National Social Work Month in March, LEAD is one of the largest annual lobby days at the State House each year with a record-breaking 800 participants expected on the 28th.
Social Workers for Social Justice empowers social workers to effectively advocate for legislation that promotes the profession and advances human rights, anti-racism, economic justice, and social equality.
Following a proclamation given by Governor Charlie Baker at 10:30am declaring March as Social Work Month, the Governor, who will be joined by First Lady Lauren Baker, is expected to offer remarks touching on the Opioid epidemic and the current challenges facing DCF. Marylou Sudders, Secretary of Health and Human Services, will introduce the Governor and also speak. Lieutenant Governor Karyn Polito will be with the Governor. All in the Governor's entourage will contribute to the speaking agenda.
Special guest, Arline Isaacson, Political Consultant and a Co-Chair of the Massachusetts Gay and Lesbian Political Caucus, will deliver the keynote address at 11:30. Known for “beating the odds,” she has tackled seemingly impossible projects over the past three decades and brought them to successful conclusions at the State House. Ms. Isaacson played an instrumental role in the Commonwealth’s marriage equality victory.
Many legislators will be in attendance or expecting social workers for lobby visits. Confirmed to date are: Senator Will Brownsberger, Representative Liz Malia, Representative Pat Jehlen, Representative Paul Brodeur, and Senator Jamie Eldridge. Social workers will be excited to hear MA Child Advocate, Maria Mossaides, in the child welfare workshop.
Afternoon lobbying will be preceded by workshops on social justice issues and priority bills for social workers. Featured legislation includes: the Transgender Rights Bill (S.735) that has passed the Senate but not the House; several criminal justice bills, among them Alternative Sentencing for Primary Caretakers (H.1382) and regulating Solitary Confinement (H.1475/S.1255); and the Healthy Homes, Health Food, Healthy Kids bill (H. 429/S.94).
Social workers on the front lines of the opiate crisis will advocate for additional measures to improve treatment and intervention in the Commonwealth. Social work students will lobby for the Social Work Loan Forgiveness bill (HB1060/SB665) aimed at building the workforce in under-served agencies and locations. Social workers with geriatric expertise will focus on two key nursing home care bills: Nursing Home Bed Hold (HB996/SB364) and Personal Needs Allowance (HB 515/SB355) increases. All have been extended for consideration this session or moved to a higher level committee. Timing could not be better for social workers to make an impact.