- 田文浩裝置藝術展9/22 敦煌藝術展 9/27
- 全美總會線上講座 - 如何申請進入理想的大學 10/8
- Boston Asian American Film Festival preview party 10/5, festival 10/19-22
- 波克萊台商賞楓 10/28 新英格蘭玉山科協年會11/4
- 紐英倫作協講座 10/19
- 招聘 - BCNC, 武漢大學10/14, 波士頓市府10/19
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 紐英崙中華專業人員協會40週年 10/28 GBCCA年會 2/10
- 醫藥 - HMS deciphering the genome 10/12 首屆世界針灸康養大會12/2-7
- 留美華人企業家聯合會年會10/7 Under 30 Summit 10/1-4
- BCIC - Fintech Roundtable Brainstorming Session 10/9 醫療科技路演 10/13
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- ILF 國際領袖基金會 - ACE Next generation conference 8/18-20
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 麻州州長動態 - Visits Marlborough High School’s Early College Program
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Car Tax Bill
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- council meeting notes 10/1
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - fundraiser for Puerto Rico 10/14
- Ben Chin (陳樂) for Mayor in Maine - Signs were stolen
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- 華人參政 - 牛頓市候選人論壇10/15
- Plays - Lost Tempo 10/5 OLEANNA 10/14-11/5 Elemeno Pea 11/2-19 無名劇社 11/26
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- 劍橋市素描餐廳 10/6 試新菜
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 看見台灣：向齊柏林致敬
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
星期一, 3月 14, 2016
Police, Prosecutors Advise Caution Amid Apartment Leasing Scams
BOSTON, March 14, 2016—Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley and Boston Police Commissioner William B. Evans are warning potential renters to avoid online leasing scams amid an ongoing investigation into several incidents in Boston.
Suffolk prosecutors and Boston Police detectives are currently investigating incidents in which victims responded to apartment listings on web sites such as Craigslist and sent payments with the expectation that they would be leasing the apartment in the ad. The victims would later arrive at the residence prepared to move in, only to find the property already occupied and the rightful owner unaware of any lease agreement.
“The process of renting an apartment and moving into a new home is stressful enough,” Conley said. “I urge every renter to do careful research before entering into any agreement to ensure you’re getting what you paid for.”
“We ask that people using on-line services to rent apartments in Boston use caution,” said Evans. “By taking a few extra steps you can reduce your chances of becoming a victim of this type of scam.”
Prospective renters are encouraged to:
· Consider working with a licensed real estate professional to avoid phony apartment listings; Massachusetts licensure can be checked here.
· Meet in-person with a prospective landlord to view the apartment yourself.
· Don’t send payments unless you have independently confirmed that the recipient is the true owner of the property.
Anyone with information or who would like to report a similar incident may contact the DA’s Special Prosecutions Unit at 617-619-4090.