- 田文浩裝置藝術展9/22 敦煌藝術展 9/27
- 全美總會線上講座 - 如何申請進入理想的大學 10/8
- Boston Asian American Film Festival preview party 10/5, festival 10/19-22
- 波克萊台商賞楓 10/28 新英格蘭玉山科協年會11/4
- 紐英倫作協講座 10/19
- 招聘 - BCNC, 武漢大學10/14, 波士頓市府10/19
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 紐英崙中華專業人員協會40週年 10/28 GBCCA年會 2/10
- 醫藥 - HMS deciphering the genome 10/12 首屆世界針灸康養大會12/2-7
- 留美華人企業家聯合會年會10/7 Under 30 Summit 10/1-4
- BCIC - Fintech Roundtable Brainstorming Session 10/9 醫療科技路演 10/13
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- ILF 國際領袖基金會 - ACE Next generation conference 8/18-20
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 麻州州長動態 - Visits Marlborough High School’s Early College Program
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Car Tax Bill
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- council meeting notes 10/1
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - fundraiser for Puerto Rico 10/14
- Ben Chin (陳樂) for Mayor in Maine - Signs were stolen
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- 華人參政 - 牛頓市候選人論壇10/15
- Plays - Lost Tempo 10/5 OLEANNA 10/14-11/5 Elemeno Pea 11/2-19 無名劇社 11/26
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- 劍橋市素描餐廳 10/6 試新菜
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 看見台灣：向齊柏林致敬
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
星期四, 1月 28, 2016
New $1 Million MassHousing Program Provides Access to Capital for Minority- and Women-OwnedSubcontractors
New $1 Million MassHousing Program Provides Access to Capital for Minority- and Women-OwnedSubcontractors on MassHousing-Financed Construction Jobs
BOSTON - January 28, 2016 - Minority- and women-owned sub-contractors can now access a new source of capital to help thembuild capacity and obtain work at MassHousing-financed construction jobs.
Companies that successfully apply for funds from MassHousing's new Construction Contract Financing Program 1.C.C..E.El canborrow from $25,000 to $200,000. Funds can be used to advance material and labor costs that will help them obtain work onhousing construction projects that are financed by MassHousing.
"This new loan program offers a terrific opportunity for minority- and women-owned sub-contractors to purchase materials, hireemployees or meet payroll costs up front and to get contracts that before might have been out of reach," said MassHousing’s TimSullivan. "Many times, these firms have to wait up to 60 days on the job site before they receive their first payment from tl1e generalcontractor, but these loans will help them meet their operating costs until then."
MassHousing has provided $1 million for the pilot program and has partnered with the Massachusetts Growth Capital Corporation(MGCC), which will process applications and administer the program.
"MassHousing continues to be a model of inclusion and diversity in their business practices. Our partnership will help their minorityvendors and contractors build capacity of their individual businesses," said MGCC President and CEO Lawrence D. Andrews."MGCC's role will be to assess the company's financial ability to repay debts, often providing technical assistance to the company,thereby providing access to MassHousing financing. These funds are much needed in the community and the partnership ofMassHousing and MGCC helps to further the goals of equal access to opportunity and capital access."
One subcontractor is already benefitting from the program. Design Construction and Consulting Services, Inc. (DCCS) ofDorchester has accessed $200,000 which helped them to get work as a sub-contractor on the renovation of Madison Park Village Ill,a 120-unit affordable housing community in Roxbury owned by the Madison Park Development Corporation.
"I'm very happy to be here and things are going nice and smooth," said DCCS President and CEO Cesar DaSilva, whose company isdoing siding, window replacement and other work. ''I'm glad (MassHousing and MGCC) made this money available and I l1ope ithelps many more people like me. The money I received was used mostly for casl1 flow and to make sure payroll is taken care of.Right now in the field we have 10 workers, sometimes 12 depending on what we need, and three people working in our office."
MassHousing is providing $35 million in financing for the renovations at Madison Park. The general contractor, LD Russo, Inc.,has subcontracted 42% of the construction work to minority and women-owned firms, including much of the carpentry, roofing,masonry, plumbing, painting, sprinkler and metal work.
DaSilva founded DCCS, Inc. in 1990. The company provides a range of construction services and employs more than a dozen people. For more information about the requirements and application process for the CCFP program please contact Jose Luis RojasVillarreal, Community Group Manager, at 617-337-2815 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Robert Clark Williams, Loan Officer, at 617-337-2823 or email@example.com.