- 田文浩裝置藝術展9/22 敦煌藝術展 9/27
- 全美總會線上講座 - 如何申請進入理想的大學 10/8
- Boston Asian American Film Festival preview party 10/5, festival 10/19-22
- 波克萊台商賞楓 10/28 新英格蘭玉山科協年會11/4
- 紐英倫作協講座 10/19
- 招聘 - BCNC, 武漢大學10/14, 波士頓市府10/19
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 紐英崙中華專業人員協會40週年 10/28 GBCCA年會 2/10
- 醫藥 - HMS deciphering the genome 10/12 首屆世界針灸康養大會12/2-7
- 留美華人企業家聯合會年會10/7 Under 30 Summit 10/1-4
- BCIC - Fintech Roundtable Brainstorming Session 10/9 醫療科技路演 10/13
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- ILF 國際領袖基金會 - ACE Next generation conference 8/18-20
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 麻州州長動態 - Visits Marlborough High School’s Early College Program
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Car Tax Bill
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- council meeting notes 10/1
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - fundraiser for Puerto Rico 10/14
- Ben Chin (陳樂) for Mayor in Maine - Signs were stolen
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- 華人參政 - 牛頓市候選人論壇10/15
- Plays - Lost Tempo 10/5 OLEANNA 10/14-11/5 Elemeno Pea 11/2-19 無名劇社 11/26
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- 劍橋市素描餐廳 10/6 試新菜
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 看見台灣：向齊柏林致敬
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
星期四, 1月 28, 2016
MSBA Commits State Funds to Build New Minuteman High School
BOSTON – Plans for a new Minuteman High School have moved another step closer to reality.
Meeting at its offices in downtown Boston on January 27, the Massachusetts School Building Authority (MSBA) Board of Directors voted unanimously to authorize its Executive Director to enter into a project funding agreement with Minuteman for the new $144.9 million educational facility. MSBA is expected to pay 44.75% of eligible project costs -- up to a maximum of $44,139,213.
Immediately prior to the vote, State Treasurer Deborah Goldberg commended the school for the quality of its academic and technical programs and encouraged parents to give the school a closer look. Treasurer Goldberg serves as chair of the MSBA board of Directors.
The Treasurer made a public appeal to parents in the district to consider sending their children to Minuteman. “It would behoove a lot of families,” she said, “to really look at the Minuteman programs.” Minuteman’s technical programs “give kids the skills they need for the good jobs in the Commonwealth,” she said.
Goldberg also told Superintendent Edward Bouquillon “You have tremendous academic programs.”
She said she had visited Minuteman’s Girls in STEM Summer Camp, a program she described as “very exciting.”
Minuteman must now secure local approval of the project, a process that is not expected to start until after all 16 member towns hold Special Town Meetings to ratify a new Minuteman Regional Agreement. The final Special Town Meeting is scheduled February 24. Sometime after that, the Minuteman School Committee will vote to bond for the project.
The new school, to be located on District-owned land in Lincoln, will include two Career Academies with 16 career and technical programs and a robust offering of academic programs, including Advanced Placement and Honors courses, foreign languages, music, art, and sports.