網頁

星期二, 6月 18, 2013

Norman Mineta 籲請支持 湯偉麟 (William Tong)


From the Desk of Norman Mineta
William Tong is running for Mayor of Stamford, Connecticut and I’m supporting him. He is in a very strong position to win this race and to lead one of the most important big cities in Connecticut and the Northeast, and I urge you to join me in helping him.
Like you, I supported William when he entered Connecticut’s U.S. Senate race in 2012 because I believed, as I still do, that Connecticut and our country need more people willing to serve in public office with honor and principle.  While the Senate campaign did not end as we had hoped, I knew that William’s hard work and passion to serve would open up doors in the future.  I was right.  Immediately after the Senate race, many elected and community leaders, both locally and across the state, encouraged William to run for Mayor.
As Connecticut’s financial center and leading transportation hub, Stamford needs a Mayor who will lead this vital city and set the standard for growing jobs, educating children, building a world-class business community, caring for its seniors, expanding access to affordable housing and creating ample opportunity for all its residents.  William has the vision, work ethic and mettle to raise the bar against which Stamford measures its success, and the compassion, integrity and commitment to ensure that no one is left behind.
As the former Mayor of San Jose, California, I have a keen understanding of what it takes to lead a city.  I know that William is the only candidate, Democrat or Republican, who can move Stamford forward.  I also know that his accomplishments as the next Mayor of Stamford will be noticed across the state and the country, making us proud to have supported him.
Many prominent local leaders have placed their confidence in him and I urge you to join us in supporting this great young leader again.

Best regards,
 Norman Mineta
Norman Y. Mineta
Secretary of Transportation (2001-2006)
Secretary of Commerce (2000-2001)
Mayor of San Jose, California (1971-1974)

P.S. Please visit William's campaign website, williamtong.com to learn more, get involved or make a contribution.

沒有留言: