- 創業 - 春暉杯7/15 MIT-CHIEF 8/10 中美健康峰會8/5 泰州9/14
- BTBA 8/5, 6
- 波士頓哲五 - 國家正常化與青年組織
- 客家鄉親會烤肉8/5 台商會高爾夫聚會7/23
- TCCNE 高爾夫球7/9 波士頓同源會 8/19
- 崇德佛院 7/20 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 招聘 - Chicken & Rice Guy 波士頓僑教中心 新疆大學 北京中醫藥大學
- 美中藥協7/29郊遊 波士頓同源會頒獎宴8/19
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- ILF 國際領袖基金會 - ACE Next generation conference 8/18-20
- 麻州州長動態 - Awarded $14M
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Car Tax Bill
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - Cass Wu Pewarski 7/12 出生8磅重
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - Cambridge Mini Bond Program
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- Plays - Huntington Ave. Project
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 看見台灣：向齊柏林致敬
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- HCSSA - 中美健康峰會青年創新大賽7/22 西北大學美國招聘行
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 醫藥 - BTBA 8/5-6 哈佛中醫藥論壇8/6
- 校友、同學會 、北一女、建中 8/19 北美洲成大校友10/13-15 北大，清華，中科大， CYPN
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- meeting notes 7/17
- 波士頓華埠社區中心/華美福利會/華埠社區聯盟/ 華人醫務中心/ 亞美社區發展協會/ 華夏文化協會
星期四, 7月 13, 2017
PENNSYLVANIA-BASED HEALTHCARE COMPANY AGREES TO PAY MORE THAN $250,000 FOR FAILING TO PAY MASSACHUSETTS WORKERS
Restitution to More Than 1,900 Massachusetts Employees Who Were Not Paid Properly for Work; Company Provides Services to Hundreds of Massachusetts Healthcare Facilities
BOSTON – A Pennsylvania-based healthcare company that provides services to hundreds of healthcare facilities in Massachusetts has agreed to pay more than $250,000 in restitution and penalties for failing to pay more than 1,900 Massachusetts workers properly, Attorney General Maura Healey announced today.
Healthcare Services Group, Inc. (HSG) has agreed to pay restitution to 1,931 Massachusetts employees for hours worked between July 2012 and July 2015. The vast majority of these workers made less than $11 per hour and more than 100 of them were underpaid for 35 hours or more.
“Every employer in Massachusetts is responsible for paying workers the wages they have earned,” said AG Healey. “We are pleased that through this settlement, HSG will pay these low-wage workers the money they are owed and that the company has installed new systems to ensure workers are paid properly in the future.”
HSG is a corporation based in Pennsylvania that provides housekeeping, laundry, dining, and nutrition services to more than 250 healthcare facilities in Massachusetts.
The AG’s Office began an investigation after the AG’s Fair Labor Division received complaints from three HSG employees alleging non-payment of wages for hours worked at the Wingate at Reading Nursing Home and Rehabilitation Center located in Reading, MA.
The AG’s investigation found that inaccuracies in the company’s timekeeping and payroll systems prevented employees’ hours from being recorded and processed in the payroll system. Due to these clerical errors, between July 2012 and July 2015, the company failed to pay employees the correct wages for the full amount of hours worked.
The company has since changed its practices and implemented a new electronic system with safeguards for checking time adjustments installed at multiple levels of management.
HSG has also agreed to pay for costs, as to be determined, associated with locating former employees who are restitution recipients.
The Massachusetts Wage Act requires employers to pay workers for wages earned of the end of the pay period.
AG Healey’s Fair Labor Division is responsible for enforcing state laws regulating the payment of wages, including prevailing wage, minimum wage and overtime laws.
Workers who believe that their rights have been violated in their workplace can call the office’s Fair Labor Hotline at (617) 727-3465. More information about the state’s wage and hour laws is also available in multiple languages at www.mass.gov/ago/fairlabor.
This matter was handled by Assistant Attorney General Andrew H. Cahill and InvestigatorLeah Lucier, both of AG Healey’s Fair Labor Division.