- Promote an inclusive workplace culture.
- Build a workplace that supports families and promotes work-life balance.
- View cultural challenges holistically, not as top-down or bottom-up problems and answers.
- Focus on hiring inclusive managers.
- Advance diversity through mentoring between directors and employees.
- Actively recruit, train, and mentor youth to support the next generation of diverse employees.
- 創業 - 春暉杯7/15 MIT-CHIEF 8/10 中美健康峰會8/5 泰州9/14
- BTBA 8/5, 6
- 波士頓哲五 - 國家正常化與青年組織
- 客家鄉親會烤肉8/5 台商會高爾夫聚會7/23
- TCCNE 高爾夫球7/9 波士頓同源會 8/19
- 崇德佛院 7/20 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 招聘 - Chicken & Rice Guy 波士頓僑教中心 新疆大學 北京中醫藥大學
- 美中藥協7/29郊遊 波士頓同源會頒獎宴8/19
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- ILF 國際領袖基金會 - ACE Next generation conference 8/18-20
- 麻州州長動態 - Awarded $14M
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Car Tax Bill
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - Cass Wu Pewarski 7/12 出生8磅重
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - Cambridge Mini Bond Program
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- Plays - Huntington Ave. Project
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 看見台灣：向齊柏林致敬
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- HCSSA - 中美健康峰會青年創新大賽7/22 西北大學美國招聘行
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 醫藥 - BTBA 8/5-6 哈佛中醫藥論壇8/6
- 校友、同學會 、北一女、建中 8/19 北美洲成大校友10/13-15 北大，清華，中科大， CYPN
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- meeting notes 7/17
- 波士頓華埠社區中心/華美福利會/華埠社區聯盟/ 華人醫務中心/ 亞美社區發展協會/ 華夏文化協會
星期五, 6月 30, 2017
TREASURER GOLDBERG ANNOUNCES RELEASE OF “BRINGING DIVERSITY ON BOARD” REPORT
TREASURER GOLDBERG ANNOUNCES RELEASE OF
“BRINGING DIVERSITY ON BOARD” REPORT
State Treasurer Deborah B. Goldberg announced the release of a comprehensive report from her “Bringing Diversity on Board” initiative, an effort she launched earlier this year to help corporate leaders advance diversity in the boardroom. In May, Goldberg organized three roundtables in Boston that brought together participants from the following industries: technology; finance; and health care, biotechnology, life sciences, and pharmaceuticals. The report provides a detailed overview of the successful strategies and action items shared at the roundtables.
“Board directors are charged with planning the strategic direction of the companies they oversee in a dynamic and rapidly-evolving environment. Recruiting, investing in, and retaining a diverse board is not just a social goal; it is a business imperative,” said Treasurer Goldberg. “Working together, we are making important progress to strengthen our businesses and our economy. Now is the time to seize the momentum. We hope corporate leaders and other stakeholders find this report helpful and practical.”
The full report is available at this link, and an executive summary is included below.
Successful Strategies for Corporate Leaders:
Plan early, write clearly, and work patiently to recruit diverse directors.
· Recruit a pipeline of diverse directors before seats open.
· Specify, in writing, desired qualities of new directors.
· Require search firms to include women and people of color on the roster.
· Develop a timeline but be flexible.
· Consider implementing term or age limits to create board openings.
· Identify and address unconscious biases and stereotypes.
· Establish clear leadership on diversity from the CEO, board chair, and nominating and governance committee chair.
· Encourage the nominating and governance committee to document its commitment to diversity.
· Explain to investors what happens in the boardroom and frame diversity as a performance issue.
· Raise voices and use influence to advocate and require diversity from vendors.
Action Items for Advocates, Academics, Public Officials, and Investors:
· Highlight company success stories.
· Facilitate shareholder activism beyond boardroom issues.
· Build public-private partnerships with business schools.
· Increase public awareness and use scorecards with detailed goals to generate public momentum and support for board diversity.
· Create a CEO and board chair advisory board.
· Serve as a resource by convening diverse directors to facilitate mentorship and networking opportunities.
· Urge private equity firms and mutual funds to advocate for increased diversity at the companies they hold.
· File targeted shareholder resolutions.
· Connect with broader audiences by explaining the rationale and outcome of corporate governance efforts.