- 國際領袖基金會 - 2017暑期公共事務實習受理報名
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- 牛頓台灣日 5/6 新英格蘭台商會交流4/27 講座4/29 美食 5/21 高球賽5/27 教中文策略講座 7/8-20
- 校友、同學會 - 女神來了 4/28 華中科大5/2 北大年會5/7 清華校友 龍舟賽招兵買馬
- Cafe Philo - TAP Ian So 4/27 葉丙成座談4/29 死刑爭議4/30 夏星講座4/29
- 招聘 - Hopkinton school district
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟4/29
- 麻州州長動態 - Presents Green Communities Designation Awards
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- 今年角逐牛頓市長
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - Cambridge Mini Bond Program
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Installs New Flood Warning System
- Plays -Peerless 4/27-5/27 Sinners 3/23-4/2 - Franklin 3/23-4/2 Every Piece of Me 4/20-30
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事 失敗創業家書單 - 撕裂台灣社會
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 紅幫裁縫的傳奇
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - open ed with Dukakis
- Harvard China Forum 4/21-23
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 北美華文作協 5/13
- HCSSA - 漫談海龜中國科技創業大潮 4/28
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- NECINA - NEW 5.0 Start up pitch 5/11
- 創業 - MIT-CHIEF HMS-CSSA華人創業論壇 燎原 5/9
- "緬因地" ˋ4/30
- AAC TAP CACAB NAAAP AARW AAWPI ASPIRE AWH WANG YMCA QARI
- 波士頓華埠社區中心/華美福利會/華埠社區聯盟/ 華人醫務中心/ 亞美社區發展協會/ 華夏文化協會
- CYPN 第三屆健身賽4/29 亞洲女性聯合會
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- 音樂 - 劍橋合唱團4/30 Parker 四重奏4/30 Eric Lu 5/13 古箏樂團 5...
- BCIC - 中美路演日 5/5
- 醫藥 - CABA 10 週年5/6 中国在研药品的FDA法规注册之路
星期一, 4月 10, 2017
TREASURER GOLDBERG LAUNCHES NEW “BRINGING DIVERSITY ON BOARD” INITIATIVE
TREASURER GOLDBERG LAUNCHES NEW “BRINGING DIVERSITY ON
Announces Plans to Publish Resource for Companies to Advance Board Diversity
BOSTON – State Treasurer Deborah B. Goldberg announced the launch of a new initiative today that her office will use to engage directly with board members, corporate leaders, researchers and advocates, focused on exploring challenging barriers to, and successful strategies for, diversifying corporate boards.
As part of the initiative, “Bringing Diversity on Board,” in May, Goldberg’s office will organize roundtable, working-group discussions focused on various industries – information technology; finance; and health care, biotechnology and pharmaceuticals. Following the roundtables, the Treasurer’s Office will publish a report designed to help companies implement effective strategies for advancing board diversity.
“In a 21st century global marketplace, maximizing financial success requires improving boardroom diversity,” said Treasurer Goldberg. “We look forward to studying proven strategies around the country and engaging with a wide range of corporate leaders and experts to help them drive tangible progress on this critical business issue.”
Goldberg highlighted that the roundtables will enable an array of stakeholders to engage in robust discussions about not only how to enhance board diversity, but also how diverse governance boards help companies maximize profits, expand business opportunities and best serve the interests of shareholders. The roundtables will explore industry-specific challenges – from health care, to finance, to technology – related to advancing board diversity.
Goldberg, who chairs the board of the state’s $62 billion pension fund, has made shareholder engagement and corporate governance key priorities since taking office in 2015. Under new custom proxy voting guidelines proposed by Goldberg and approved this year, which impact how the pension fund votes as a shareholder in the roughly 9,000 companies it owns stock in, the Pension Reserves Investment Management (PRIM) Board now votes against or withholds from all board nominees if less than 30 percent of the company’s board is diverse in terms of gender and race.
While recognizing the impact of these reforms, Goldberg also noted that voting and enforcement alone cannot change corporate culture and institute the systemic changes needed to accelerate the pace of progress in boardrooms. The roundtables and subsequent report from the Treasurer’s Office will aim to build upon existing work done by government, corporate, academic and non-profit leaders around the country.
Individuals interested in learning more about the initiative should email email@example.com.