- 創業 - MIT-CHIEF 8/17 泰州9/14
- BTBA 8/5, 6 玉山科協 8/12
- 波士頓哲五 - 國家正常化與青年組織
- 客家鄉親會烤肉8/5 TCCNE高爾夫球 8/6
- 波士頓同源會 8/19 昆士市中秋節 8/20
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 招聘 - 波士頓僑教中心，中山醫學院，孫逸仙紀念醫院 Chicken & Rice Guy
- 波士頓同源會頒獎宴8/19 夏星朗讀會誌記梭羅200週年8/26
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- ILF 國際領袖基金會 - ACE Next generation conference 8/18-20
- 麻州州長動態 - Awarded $14M
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Car Tax Bill
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - Say thanks and farewell
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- Plays - Where Am I 8/23 爬藤9/16 Ideation 9/2-24
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 看見台灣：向齊柏林致敬
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
- HCSSA - 幹部改選結果公佈
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 校友、同學會 、北一女、建中 8/19 北美洲成大校友10/13-15 北大，清華，中科大， CYPN
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- 和選民見面會8/5, 8/16
- 劍橋市素描餐廳 8/9 慶祝世界白酒日
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - 8/6 啟動連任競選
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- Ben Chin for Mayor in Maine
- BCIC - Fintech Roundtable Brainstorming Session 7/...
星期日, 3月 19, 2017
Social workers are marching!
Social workers are marching!
NASW-MA Hosts Annual Lobby Day (LEAD) on Monday, March 28, 2016
Social Workers for Social Justice
Boston – The MA Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers holds its annual Legislative Education and Advocacy Day (LEAD) on Monday, March 21st from 9am – 3pm. Celebrating March as National Social Work Month, LEAD is one of the largest annual lobby days at the State House each year with a record-breaking 800 participants expected on the 21st.
For the first time in LEAD’s 12-year history, this year’s event will begin with a plenary inside historic Faneuil Hall, capacious enough to seat the 800 social workers who will be participating. Then social workers will march through the streets of Boston to the State House.
“The March for Social Work Values” highlights the importance of our profession and social justice for those with whom we work.
LEAD empowers social workers to effectively advocate for legislation that advances human rights, anti-racism, economic justice and access to health and mental health care – all the more important in 2017 given the policies, budget priorities and threats coming from Washington.
Many legislators will be in attendance or expecting social workers for lobby visits. Representative Byron Rushing, longtime Civil Rights Activist, will speak with participants in Faneuil Hall about what makes a good advocate and why engagement is so critical at this time. Other speakers include Tiziana Dearing, Boston College Social Work professor known for her anti-poverty work, and Kate Audet, social worker and State Government Relations Director at Boston Children’s Hospital, who will tell the story of a legislative win.
The first priority for many social workers will be the Social Work Loan Forgiveness bill establishing a pilot program for young professionals aimed at building the workforce in underserved agencies and including elder services and child welfare. Social workers on the front lines of the opiate crisis will advocate to increase treatment from 14 to 30 days, referring to evidence that demonstrates much stronger effectiveness. Child welfare, economic justice, ending mass incarceration, mental health access, and other social work issues will be at the forefront with related bills.
As the legislative session gets underway, timing could not be better for social workers to make an impact!