- NECINA - 年會 6/17
- 創業 - MIT-CHIEF 中美健康峰會 6/23 截止申請
- 玉山科協 high impact 6/24 BTBA 8/5, 6
- 波克萊台商海釣 6/24 中華民族舞展 6/24
- NEACP 頂大學人講座 24
- TCCNE 房地產計畫及稅務講座 6/24
- 崇德佛院 6/24 普賢講堂 慈濟 6/25
- 招聘 - 中科院 AACA job posting 哈爾濱工業大學1000萬元啟動經費招PI
- 夏日星辰野生動物保護園徒步遊 7/9
- Concrete Actions 5/25 Boston Asian American Film F...
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- ILF 國際領袖基金會 - 2017 Whitehouse Internship
- 校友、同學會 、北大，清華，中科大， CYPN
- CYPN 第三屆健身賽4/29 亞洲女性聯合會
- 麻州州長動態 - Awarded $14M
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Installs New Flood Warning System
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - meeting note 6/22
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- meeting notes 6/12
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - Cambridge Mini Bond Program
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- Plays - Peerless 4/27-5/27 New Rep Gala 5/9 Huntington 5/26
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 看見台灣：向齊柏林致敬
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- 波士頓華埠社區中心/華美福利會/華埠社區聯盟/ 華人醫務中心/ 亞美社區發展協會/ 華夏文化協會
- BCIC - 召聘幹部
- HCSSA - 中國癌症景準醫療產業概況6/6 中美健康峰會
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
星期五, 3月 10, 2017
$90,000 in Grant Funding to promote equal opportunity for women, minority in construction
AG HEALEY LAUNCHES GRANT PROGRAM TO PROMOTE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR WOMEN, MINORITY WORKERS IN THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY
Program Will Award Total of $90,000 in Grant Funding to Eligible Applicants
BOSTON – Continuing her commitment to advance the economic opportunity of Massachusetts residents, Attorney General Maura Healey today announced a new grant program aimed at providing opportunities for women and minority workers and small business owners in the public construction industry.
“The construction industry provides highly-skilled and good-paying jobs that help families thrive,” said AG Healey. “This grant will help ensure that these opportunities continue to be accessible to women and minorities in our state.”
The Equal Opportunity in the Construction Trades Grant program will provide funding to projects that promote opportunity through apprenticeship programs, job trainings and diversity and inclusion trainings, and support and outreach programs. The new program is open to workers’ centers, unions, non-profit organizations, chambers of commerce, public schools, municipalities, small businesses, and post-secondary student organizations.
The grant program will utilize funding from a judgment the AG’s False Claims Division secured with CTA Construction Company for the purpose of promoting equal opportunity in public construction, employment or education.
The AG’s Office anticipates awarding a total of $90,000 to multiple grantees. The funding will be awarded to recipients in two ranges:
· One or more grants of up to $40,000 will be awarded to eligible unions, municipalities, schools, small businesses, nonprofit organizations and chambers of commerce to provide education, training and technical skills to workers interested in careers in the construction industry and;
· One or more micro-grants of up to $10,000 will be awarded to eligible nonprofit organizations or student organizations to fund outreach and training for women and minority workers to join the construction industry.
Special consideration will be given to applicants who can demonstrate the grant will be used to promote equal opportunity within underrepresented populations including veterans.
This is a one-year grant program that will start on June 1, 2017 and end on May 31, 2018. Interested applicants can visit the AG’s website, www.mass.gov/ago/grants for more information and for application instructions. Applications must be received by 4 p.m. on Friday, March 31, 2017.