- NECAP 春節猜謎餐會 1/28 52Hz放映匯報
- 波克萊台商會1/14新春團聚 Summer Star Trail Walk 1/28
- 校友、同學會 - 清華1/16滑雪 北大2/4慶新春, MIT東北聯慶春 1/22
- 華夏文協迎春1/21 羅島華協慶新年 2/4 昆士市農曆新年慶祝 2/12
- 全美亞裔婦女會1/15 京津同鄉會慶新春 2/4
- BCIC 2017 首聚 1/20
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 麻州州長動態 - Baker Meets with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - 2/1 慶新年
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - please vote
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- 國際領袖基金會 - 2017暑期公共事務實習受理報名
- Plays -Huntington - The Who & The What
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事 失敗創業家書單 - 撕裂台灣社會
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 紅幫裁縫的傳奇
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- MIPIM 2017 - Chengdu City Music Hall wins World Architecture Festival Award
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Cranston Lands $300,000 Grant for L...
- HCSSA - 哈佛中國論壇 4/21-23
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 招聘 - 燎原海聘
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- 波士頓華埠社區中心/華美福利會/華埠社區聯盟/ 華人醫務中心/ 亞美社區發展協會/ 華夏文化協會
- 劍橋中文學校慶新春1/29 華文作協 2/2 K-12 CFL Leadership Institute
- 創業 - 华夏瓴投基金波士顿医疗专场研讨会 1/17
- 波士頓亞裔房東會1/14 BCIC 1/22
- 醫藥 - 生命科學稅優惠2/16 Gene Online 10大熱門新聞
星期二, 11月 08, 2016
AG’S OFFICE TO HOST FREE LEGAL CLINIC ADDRESS WAGE THEFT
AG’S OFFICE, COMMUNITY PARTNERS TO HOST FREE LEGAL CLINIC FOR WORKERS TO ADDRESS WAGE THEFT
Part of AG Healey’s Effort to Combat Wage Theft and Worker Exploitation
BOSTON – Attorney General Maura Healey’s Office, in cooperation with 10 community partners, is hosting a free legal clinic at Suffolk Law School to match workers with volunteer lawyers and assist them with wage theft issues.
This month’s clinic, which is the second in a series, is part of an effort to address wage theft and worker exploitation among vulnerable populations, including low wage and immigrant workers in the state. The goal of these clinics is to provide workers with access to attorneys and advocates to help ensure that they are receiving the wages and benefits they deserve.
“Wage theft is extremely prevalent in our state, especially among vulnerable workers,” said AG Healey. “Far too often, workers do not come forward and are not aware of their rights under the law. These innovative clinics are an opportunity for workers to directly connect with advocates and attorneys, so that they can ensure they are getting paid the wages they are owed.”
Volunteer lawyers, law students, interpreters and workers’ rights advocates will be on hand to educate workers about their rights, draft demand letters or prepare a small claims court complaints. If they are helpful in documenting complaints, workers should bring pay stubs, time sheets, letters and emails from their employers.
WHERE: Suffolk Law School
120 Tremont St., Boston
The AG’s Office’s community partners for the clinics include: Greater Boston Legal Services Inc., Harvard Legal Aid Bureau, Justice at Work, Lawyers for Affordable Justice, Suffolk Law School, Volunteer Lawyers Project, Brazilian Worker Center, Brazilian Women’s Group, Chinese Progressive Association and the MetroWest Worker Center.
The AG’s Fair Labor Division is responsible for enforcing state laws regulating the payment of wages, including prevailing wage, minimum wage and overtime as well as some of the newest workplace protections such as earned sick time leave and thedomestic workers’ law.
On Labor Day, the AG’s Office issued its first-ever Labor Day report which revealed that in fiscal year 2016, the Fair Labor Division received more than 6,000 complaints – up 33 percent from the previous year – and issued 423 citations against employers. In addition to hosting the clinic series, the AG’s Office is addressing the rise in wage theft by strategically targeting enforcement efforts against problematic employers in specific industries, including commercial cleaning, construction, health care, restaurants and staffing agencies.
In conjunction with the release of the Labor Day report, the AG’s Office revealed a revamped workplace rights website with a new design and innovative features, including searchable public data and content in various languages. The easy-to-navigate website allows workers to better understand their rights and for employers, their obligations under state law.
The following clinic is scheduled for . The event is open to the public and is being offered free of charge