- 國際領袖基金會 - 2017暑期公共事務實習受理報名
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- 藝協中國舞比賽4/1 無名劇社4/2 教中文策略講座 7/8-20
- 校友、同學會 - 清華校友2017年會 4/15 龍舟賽招兵買馬
- 華史會 3/28 Cafe Philo 4/6 & 4/9 TEAM screening 4/6
- NEACP 4/9 放映"日常生活"紀錄片
- 招聘 - 系数投资（上海）招聘
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 麻州州長動態 - Presents Green Communities Designation Awards
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - Cambridge Mini Bond Program
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Installs New Flood Warning System
- Plays -Peerless 4/27-5/27 Sinners 3/23-4/2 - Franklin 3/23-4/2 Every Piece of Me 4/20-30
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事 失敗創業家書單 - 撕裂台灣社會
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 紅幫裁縫的傳奇
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - meeting notes 3/23
- Harvard China Forum 4/21-23 招志工
- 醫藥 - Advocacy and Leadership for Health Equity 4/7
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 台灣科技部長陳良基訪波士頓 4/ 8 新英格蘭中文學校四月辦漢字文化節
- HCSSA - 天道易經解析
- 波士頓華埠社區中心/華美福利會/華埠社區聯盟/ 華人醫務中心/ 亞美社區發展協會/ 華夏文化協會
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- AAC TAP CACAB NAAAP AARW AAWPI ASPIRE AWH WANG YMC...
- International Seafood show 2017 in Boston
- BCIC - 張禮卿談Trump執政對中美經濟的潛在影響 3/17 中美律師論壇 3/18
- 音樂 - 四面來風3/25 曾莉涵音樂會3/26 胡桃山音樂營 7/20
- NECINA - NEW 5.0 Session - How to accelerate IOT s...
- 加斯林糖尿病中心"薑味" 3/27
- 創業 - HMS-CSSA華人創業論壇路演4/30 硅谷創業節5/2 長春海外創業賽5/13
星期四, 10月 06, 2016
GE Debuts Brilliant Career Lab at BPS
Boston, MA. - Thursday, October 6, 2016 - Boston Public Schools and the GE Foundation today launched the GE Brilliant Career Lab, a first-of-its-kind interactive mobile technology lab designed to prepare students for innovative digital industrial jobs of the future. The Brilliant Career Lab focuses on enhancing access to skills training in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) through hands on experiences and mentoring, as well as a website that offers access to similar experiences and career information.
"In Boston, we are committed to making our city a leader in bringing STEM education to all students," said Boston Mayor Martin J. Walsh. "The Brilliant Career Lab is an example of how companies like GE improve our city and bring more opportunities to Boston's young people. The Lab will help prepare BPS students for the jobs of the future, and I'm proud to support this partnership and a strong STEM foundation for all of Boston's students."
The Brilliant Career Lab offers both physical and virtual locations so that students have access to unique, hands-on experiences with advanced manufacturing technology.Through the mobile lab, students will become familiar with new technologies, such as 3-D printers, laser cutters, milling machines, and programming tools.They will be able to work on projects to help them understand the uses and features of the equipment. The Brilliant Career Mobile Lab will first be deployed in Boston Public Schools, with the goal of sharing the mobile labs in other cities in the coming years.
"GE is focused on forward-looking, innovativetechnologies, and through the GE Brilliant Career Labwe will advance students'understanding and ability to pursue STEM careers," said Ann R. Klee, president, GE Foundation and vice president, Boston Developmentand Operations for GE. "At GE, we take investment in future generations very seriously and through innovations like the GE Brilliant Career Lab we plan to help meet future needs for skilled workers."
The Brilliant Career Lab website,www.brilliantcareerlab.org, also launched today and has tools to help students with career planning and preparation. The site houses career assessments that identify potential STEM related careers paths and interactive activities that teach students aboutopportunities based on their interests and skills.
"Preparing our students for the careers of the future is a collective responsibility, and the GE Foundation has stepped up to contribute to the learning experiences of many BPS high schoolers," said School Committee Chairperson Michael O'Neill. "On behalf of the Committee, I would like to extend our gratitude for this new budding partnership, and we look forward to seeing the results as our students participate in mobile lab workshops, prepare to graduate, and enter the workforce."
The Brilliant Career Lab is a centerpiece of the GE Foundation's $25 million investment to support Bostonstudents and educators, an important piece of a larger, ongoing commitment from GE to the City of Boston as GE moves its headquarters to the city. Through the $25 million commitment, GE has the potential to reachthousands of Boston Public Schools high school students each year with career labs, computer science courses and high school design experience to prepare tomorrow's workforce. The investment will provide students the opportunity to explore college and career possibilities, and to understand the skills necessary for future employment. GE will also help STEM high school teachers to better prepare students for college and their future careers.
"The Brilliant Career Lab opens a door for Boston students by providing a new - and engaging - level of technology and skills-preparedness training," said Tommy Chang, superintendent of the Boston Public Schools. "We are proud to be working with the GE Foundation to bring valuable, educational tools to BPSstudents that will help prepare them to enter the workforce, and in turn, bring value back to communitiesacross our city."