- 國際領袖基金會 - 2017暑期公共事務實習受理報名
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- 波士頓台灣基督教會228禮拜2/26 生涯規劃座談 3/5
- 中國文化工作坊 講座 3/2 教中文策略講座 7/8-20
- 波士頓榮光會春宴 2/26 Summer Star Trail Walk 1/28
- 校友、同學會 - 清華校友講座 2/19
- 紐英崙華史會2/10 昆士市農曆新年慶祝 2/12
- 京津同鄉會慶新春 2/4
- BCIC 稅法及投資2 /17 全球頂尖菁英金融論壇 2/18
- 招聘 - 燎原留學生招聘專場 2/21 投資助理
- BCIC 2017 首聚 1/20
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 麻州州長動態 - Baker Releases Fiscal Year 2018 Budget Proposal
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - meeting note 2/17
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - Cambridge Mini Bond Program
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Installs New Flood Warning System
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- Plays -Huntington - Franklin 3/23-4/2
- MIPIM 2017 - 土耳其環境及市區化部長做開幕主講
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事 失敗創業家書單 - 撕裂台灣社會
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 紅幫裁縫的傳奇
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
星期五, 10月 14, 2016
CHINESE AMERICAN CITIZENS ALLIANCE BOSTON LODGE Launches
Peaceful Protest against rapper YG’s “Meet the Flockers” lyrics and video
Boston, Massachusetts, October 1, 2016 – The Chinese American Citizens Alliance Boston Lodge condemns the cultural form of violence represented by the music video “Meet the Flockers.” This extremely racist video, produced by Keenon Daequan Ray Jackson aka rapper YG, incites and perpetuates racial stereotypes, horrendous violence and despicable crime against Chinese Americans. The lyrics and video blatantly glorifies home invasions on American families.
The Chinese/Asian American community will hold a peaceful protest demonstration against rap artist YG on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 at 7:00 pm across the street from the House of Blues, 15 Lansdowne Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02215 to demand an apology, cease and desist performing the “Meet the Flockers” lyrics and video.
Attached is a letter from the Chinese American Bar Association with additional information.
The Chinese American Citizens Alliance is the second oldest civil rights organization in the United States, first incorporated in the State of California as the Native Sons of the Golden State in 1895. As more and more chapters were established across the country, it became apparent that a complete reorganization was necessary. The name, '"Native Sons of the Golden State," no longer adequately described the national organization that it had become, so a new charter was taken out in 1915 under the name, the "Chinese American Citizens Alliance". The Boston chapter was chartered on April 3, 1927.
# # #
If you would like more information about this event, please contact Esther Lee at 617-658-3318 or email at CACABostonLodge@gmail.com.