- 波士頓哲五＂受困在帝國邊緣＂12/4 鄭守夏講座 12/5 波克萊台商會1/14新春團聚
- CYPN千人滑雪 12/9-11 舞池上的迪士尼 12/9 Asian Night Boston 12/17
- 東波士頓藝術家開放日 12/3 A lecture on Angel Island 12/9
- NEACP包場看李安新片 12/3
- 北美華文作協講座 12/8
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 麻州州長動態 - Awards $250,000 in Conservation District Innovation Grants
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - 12/8 假日慶祝會
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - please vote
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- 國際領袖基金會 - 代表團訪問台灣獲總統接見
- Plays - Boston Playwrights’ Faithless
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事 失敗創業家書單 - 撕裂台灣社會
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 紅幫裁縫的傳奇
- 朱学渊 - 我十二年前“全球化尾声已近”的预期，被川普当选证实
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- MIPIM 2017 - Chengdu City Music Hall wins World Architecture Festival Award
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Cranston Lands $300,000 Grant for L...
- HCSSA - 特邀讲座：京剧的现状、挑战、和前景 12/2
- TCFA第22屆年會 11/6
- 華夏文協乒乓賽11/19 QARI 宣佈代主任，年會 11/17
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 醫藥 - HMS-CSSA 講座12/2 Medical Device Symposium 12/10
- 招聘 - 廈門大學生物醫學院 12/2 MIRA
- AAC TAP CACAB NAAAP AARW AAWPI ASPIRE AWH WANG YMCA QARI
星期五, 10月 14, 2016
CHINESE AMERICAN CITIZENS ALLIANCE BOSTON LODGE Launches
Peaceful Protest against rapper YG’s “Meet the Flockers” lyrics and video
Boston, Massachusetts, October 1, 2016 – The Chinese American Citizens Alliance Boston Lodge condemns the cultural form of violence represented by the music video “Meet the Flockers.” This extremely racist video, produced by Keenon Daequan Ray Jackson aka rapper YG, incites and perpetuates racial stereotypes, horrendous violence and despicable crime against Chinese Americans. The lyrics and video blatantly glorifies home invasions on American families.
The Chinese/Asian American community will hold a peaceful protest demonstration against rap artist YG on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 at 7:00 pm across the street from the House of Blues, 15 Lansdowne Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02215 to demand an apology, cease and desist performing the “Meet the Flockers” lyrics and video.
Attached is a letter from the Chinese American Bar Association with additional information.
The Chinese American Citizens Alliance is the second oldest civil rights organization in the United States, first incorporated in the State of California as the Native Sons of the Golden State in 1895. As more and more chapters were established across the country, it became apparent that a complete reorganization was necessary. The name, '"Native Sons of the Golden State," no longer adequately described the national organization that it had become, so a new charter was taken out in 1915 under the name, the "Chinese American Citizens Alliance". The Boston chapter was chartered on April 3, 1927.
# # #
If you would like more information about this event, please contact Esther Lee at 617-658-3318 or email at CACABostonLodge@gmail.com.