- 國際領袖基金會 - AAPI Business Summit 5/16
- 創業 - 慶祝亞裔傳統月座談 5/16 MIT-CHIEF HMS-CSSA華人創業論壇 燎原 5/9
- 音樂 - 劍橋合唱團 5/21 于翔 5/21 黎卓宇6/17 胡桃山音樂營 7/20
- FAPA-MA 年會5/20 紐英崙客家鄉親會年會6/3
- NEACP 5/20 TCCNE台商會美食 5/21 高球賽5/27 教中文策略講座 7/8-20
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- 玉山科協中醫講座5/19 哈佛中醫藥論壇 5/21
- Concrete Actions 5/25 Boston Asian American Film F...
- 校友、同學會 - 北大 法律講座5/23
- CYPN 第三屆健身賽4/29 亞洲女性聯合會
- 中華民俗藝術工作坊 山水印象5/27
- 醫藥 - SAPANE年會6/17 中国在研药品的FDA法规注册之路
- NECINA - 年會 6/17
- 北美華文作協 5/13, 6/1
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟 5/13
- 招聘 - 華中科大 5/19 四川大學5/21 浙江海外人才洽談會5/27
- 麻州州長動態 - Presents Green Communities Designation Awards
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Installs New Flood Warning System
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - receving Eleanor Roosevelt Award 5/31
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- meeting notes 5/14
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - Cambridge Mini Bond Program
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- Plays - Peerless 4/27-5/27 New Rep Gala 5/9 Huntington 5/26
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 紅幫裁縫的傳奇
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
星期五, 8月 05, 2016
國際當代藝術中心第六屆研討會訂 8/7 起舉辦
2016 SYMPOSIUM for NEW ART ARCHEOLOGY
CONTEMPORARY ARTS INTERNATIONAL (CAI)
Acton, MA – Contemporary Arts International (CAI) is staging the sixth annual Symposium in the realization of the “New Art Archeology” idea at the Quarry. The previous 5 years we have been focusing on the stone carving solely on the “Archeology” stone pile. This year, in addition to artists Jen Ta-Hsien from Taiwan, Abel Kotorman from Hungary, Ted Castro and Mark Smith from Massachusetts, we have also invited Richard Metz from Pennsylvania to create artwork that is site-specific to the forest environment of the Quarry ground. Together, we will continue the creation of this New England landmark. The Opening reception will be held on August 7, Sunday at 2:00PM; and Closing Exhibition on August 28, Sunday at 2:00PM.
Echoing Richard Metz’s tree painting in the Quarry woods, our indoor Gallery will feature exhibition of Metz’s prints and watercolors. Most of the prints and more recent watercolors began as drawings of his magnified observation of flowers and buds, and allowing these shapes to suggest faces. As Metz stated “…I wanted a wild, untamed feeling to exude from the works. They are not like conventional nature works but more icons, or drawings. The style comes from certain expressionist woodcut ideas, comic book designs, and the strange otherworldly shapes of the plants themselves.”
During the Symposium we are open to the public every day from 2-5PM. CAI’s admission fee is $5 for students and $10 for adults, which will include a tour of the studio and the sculpture park.
For more information, visit our website at www.contemporaryartsinternational.org.
Contemporary Arts International (CAI), also known as The Quarry, is a non-profit located in a 12.9-acre quarry in Acton MA. The mission of CAI is to promote the creation, understanding and appreciation of contemporary arts in the global context through art education, artist-in-residency, exhibition, and international symposium. For more information, visit the CAI’s website.