- 波士頓哲五＂受困在帝國邊緣＂12/4 鄭守夏講座 12/5 波克萊台商會1/14新春團聚
- CYPN千人滑雪 12/9-11 舞池上的迪士尼 12/9 Asian Night Boston 12/17
- A lecture on Angel Island 12/9
- NEACP包場看李安新片 12/3
- 北美華文作協講座 12/8
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 麻州州長動態 - Awards $250,000 in Conservation District Innovation Grants
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - 12/8 假日慶祝會
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - please vote
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- 國際領袖基金會 - 代表團訪問台灣獲總統接見
- Plays - Boston Playwrights’ Faithless
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事 失敗創業家書單 - 撕裂台灣社會
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 紅幫裁縫的傳奇
- 朱学渊 - 我十二年前“全球化尾声已近”的预期，被川普当选证实
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- MIPIM 2017 - Chengdu City Music Hall wins World Architecture Festival Award
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Cranston Lands $300,000 Grant for L...
- HCSSA - 湘菜、湘人、湘文化 12/9
- TCFA第22屆年會 11/6
- 華夏文協乒乓賽11/19 QARI 宣佈代主任，年會 11/17
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 醫藥 - HMS-CSSA 講座12/2 Medical Device Symposium 12/10
- 招聘 - 廈門大學生物醫學院 12/2 MIRA
星期五, 8月 05, 2016
國際當代藝術中心第六屆研討會訂 8/7 起舉辦
2016 SYMPOSIUM for NEW ART ARCHEOLOGY
CONTEMPORARY ARTS INTERNATIONAL (CAI)
Acton, MA – Contemporary Arts International (CAI) is staging the sixth annual Symposium in the realization of the “New Art Archeology” idea at the Quarry. The previous 5 years we have been focusing on the stone carving solely on the “Archeology” stone pile. This year, in addition to artists Jen Ta-Hsien from Taiwan, Abel Kotorman from Hungary, Ted Castro and Mark Smith from Massachusetts, we have also invited Richard Metz from Pennsylvania to create artwork that is site-specific to the forest environment of the Quarry ground. Together, we will continue the creation of this New England landmark. The Opening reception will be held on August 7, Sunday at 2:00PM; and Closing Exhibition on August 28, Sunday at 2:00PM.
Echoing Richard Metz’s tree painting in the Quarry woods, our indoor Gallery will feature exhibition of Metz’s prints and watercolors. Most of the prints and more recent watercolors began as drawings of his magnified observation of flowers and buds, and allowing these shapes to suggest faces. As Metz stated “…I wanted a wild, untamed feeling to exude from the works. They are not like conventional nature works but more icons, or drawings. The style comes from certain expressionist woodcut ideas, comic book designs, and the strange otherworldly shapes of the plants themselves.”
During the Symposium we are open to the public every day from 2-5PM. CAI’s admission fee is $5 for students and $10 for adults, which will include a tour of the studio and the sculpture park.
For more information, visit our website at www.contemporaryartsinternational.org.
Contemporary Arts International (CAI), also known as The Quarry, is a non-profit located in a 12.9-acre quarry in Acton MA. The mission of CAI is to promote the creation, understanding and appreciation of contemporary arts in the global context through art education, artist-in-residency, exhibition, and international symposium. For more information, visit the CAI’s website.