- 國際領袖基金會 - 2017暑期公共事務實習受理報名
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- 太陽的孩子放映會2/13 客家鄉親天穿日2/18 生涯規劃座談 3/5
- 中國文化工作坊 講座 3/2 教中文策略講座 7/8-20
- 波士頓榮光會春宴 2/26 Summer Star Trail Walk 1/28
- 校友、同學會 - 清華校友講座 2/19
- 紐英崙華史會2/10 昆士市農曆新年慶祝 2/12
- 京津同鄉會慶新春 2/4
- BCIC 稅法及投資2 /17 全球頂尖菁英金融論壇 2/18
- 招聘 - 燎原留學生招聘專場 2/21
- BCIC 2017 首聚 1/20
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 麻州州長動態 - Baker Releases Fiscal Year 2018 Budget Proposal
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - meeting note 2/17
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - Cambridge Mini Bond Program
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Installs New Flood Warning System
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- Plays -Huntington - The Who & The What
- MIPIM 2017 - 土耳其環境及市區化部長做開幕主講
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事 失敗創業家書單 - 撕裂台灣社會
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 紅幫裁縫的傳奇
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
星期五, 8月 05, 2016
國際當代藝術中心第六屆研討會訂 8/7 起舉辦
2016 SYMPOSIUM for NEW ART ARCHEOLOGY
CONTEMPORARY ARTS INTERNATIONAL (CAI)
Acton, MA – Contemporary Arts International (CAI) is staging the sixth annual Symposium in the realization of the “New Art Archeology” idea at the Quarry. The previous 5 years we have been focusing on the stone carving solely on the “Archeology” stone pile. This year, in addition to artists Jen Ta-Hsien from Taiwan, Abel Kotorman from Hungary, Ted Castro and Mark Smith from Massachusetts, we have also invited Richard Metz from Pennsylvania to create artwork that is site-specific to the forest environment of the Quarry ground. Together, we will continue the creation of this New England landmark. The Opening reception will be held on August 7, Sunday at 2:00PM; and Closing Exhibition on August 28, Sunday at 2:00PM.
Echoing Richard Metz’s tree painting in the Quarry woods, our indoor Gallery will feature exhibition of Metz’s prints and watercolors. Most of the prints and more recent watercolors began as drawings of his magnified observation of flowers and buds, and allowing these shapes to suggest faces. As Metz stated “…I wanted a wild, untamed feeling to exude from the works. They are not like conventional nature works but more icons, or drawings. The style comes from certain expressionist woodcut ideas, comic book designs, and the strange otherworldly shapes of the plants themselves.”
During the Symposium we are open to the public every day from 2-5PM. CAI’s admission fee is $5 for students and $10 for adults, which will include a tour of the studio and the sculpture park.
For more information, visit our website at www.contemporaryartsinternational.org.
Contemporary Arts International (CAI), also known as The Quarry, is a non-profit located in a 12.9-acre quarry in Acton MA. The mission of CAI is to promote the creation, understanding and appreciation of contemporary arts in the global context through art education, artist-in-residency, exhibition, and international symposium. For more information, visit the CAI’s website.