- NECAP 春節猜謎餐會 1/28 52Hz放映匯報
- 波克萊台商會1/14新春團聚 Summer Star Trail Walk 1/28
- 校友、同學會 - 清華1/16滑雪 北大2/4慶新春, MIT東北聯慶春 1/22
- 華夏文協迎春1/21 羅島華協慶新年 2/4 昆士市農曆新年慶祝 2/12
- 全美亞裔婦女會1/15 京津同鄉會慶新春 2/4
- BCIC 2017 首聚 1/20
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 麻州州長動態 - Baker Meets with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - 2/1 慶新年
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - please vote
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- 國際領袖基金會 - 2017暑期公共事務實習受理報名
- Plays -Huntington - The Who & The What
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事 失敗創業家書單 - 撕裂台灣社會
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 紅幫裁縫的傳奇
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- MIPIM 2017 - Chengdu City Music Hall wins World Architecture Festival Award
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Cranston Lands $300,000 Grant for L...
- HCSSA - 哈佛中國論壇 4/21-23
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 招聘 - 燎原海聘
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- 波士頓華埠社區中心/華美福利會/華埠社區聯盟/ 華人醫務中心/ 亞美社區發展協會/ 華夏文化協會
- 劍橋中文學校慶新春1/29 華文作協 2/2 K-12 CFL Leadership Institute
- 創業 - 华夏瓴投基金波士顿医疗专场研讨会 1/17
- 波士頓亞裔房東會1/14 BCIC 1/22
- 醫藥 - 生命科學稅優惠2/16 Gene Online 10大熱門新聞
星期五, 8月 05, 2016
國際當代藝術中心第六屆研討會訂 8/7 起舉辦
2016 SYMPOSIUM for NEW ART ARCHEOLOGY
CONTEMPORARY ARTS INTERNATIONAL (CAI)
Acton, MA – Contemporary Arts International (CAI) is staging the sixth annual Symposium in the realization of the “New Art Archeology” idea at the Quarry. The previous 5 years we have been focusing on the stone carving solely on the “Archeology” stone pile. This year, in addition to artists Jen Ta-Hsien from Taiwan, Abel Kotorman from Hungary, Ted Castro and Mark Smith from Massachusetts, we have also invited Richard Metz from Pennsylvania to create artwork that is site-specific to the forest environment of the Quarry ground. Together, we will continue the creation of this New England landmark. The Opening reception will be held on August 7, Sunday at 2:00PM; and Closing Exhibition on August 28, Sunday at 2:00PM.
Echoing Richard Metz’s tree painting in the Quarry woods, our indoor Gallery will feature exhibition of Metz’s prints and watercolors. Most of the prints and more recent watercolors began as drawings of his magnified observation of flowers and buds, and allowing these shapes to suggest faces. As Metz stated “…I wanted a wild, untamed feeling to exude from the works. They are not like conventional nature works but more icons, or drawings. The style comes from certain expressionist woodcut ideas, comic book designs, and the strange otherworldly shapes of the plants themselves.”
During the Symposium we are open to the public every day from 2-5PM. CAI’s admission fee is $5 for students and $10 for adults, which will include a tour of the studio and the sculpture park.
For more information, visit our website at www.contemporaryartsinternational.org.
Contemporary Arts International (CAI), also known as The Quarry, is a non-profit located in a 12.9-acre quarry in Acton MA. The mission of CAI is to promote the creation, understanding and appreciation of contemporary arts in the global context through art education, artist-in-residency, exhibition, and international symposium. For more information, visit the CAI’s website.