- 波士頓哲五＂受困在帝國邊緣＂12/4 鄭守夏講座 12/5 波克萊台商會1/14新春團聚
- CYPN千人滑雪 12/9-11 舞池上的迪士尼 12/9 Asian Night Boston 12/17
- 東波士頓藝術家開放日 12/3 A lecture on Angel Island 12/9
- NEACP包場看李安新片 12/3
- 北美華文作協講座 12/8
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 麻州州長動態 - Awards $250,000 in Conservation District Innovation Grants
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - 12/8 假日慶祝會
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - please vote
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- 國際領袖基金會 - 代表團訪問台灣獲總統接見
- Plays - Boston Playwrights’ Faithless
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事 失敗創業家書單 - 撕裂台灣社會
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 紅幫裁縫的傳奇
- 朱学渊 - 我十二年前“全球化尾声已近”的预期，被川普当选证实
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- MIPIM 2017 - Chengdu City Music Hall wins World Architecture Festival Award
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Cranston Lands $300,000 Grant for L...
- HCSSA - 特邀讲座：京剧的现状、挑战、和前景 12/2
- TCFA第22屆年會 11/6
- 華夏文協乒乓賽11/19 QARI 宣佈代主任，年會 11/17
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 醫藥 - HMS-CSSA 講座12/2 Medical Device Symposium 12/10
- 招聘 - 廈門大學生物醫學院 12/2 MIRA
- AAC TAP CACAB NAAAP AARW AAWPI ASPIRE AWH WANG YMCA QARI
星期一, 7月 25, 2016
Stop & Shop 母公司將和Hannaford連鎖超市合併
AG HEALEY ANNOUNCES SETTLEMENT ALLOWING PARENT COMPANIES OF STOP & SHOP AND HANNAFORD SUPERMARKET CHAINS TO MERGE
BOSTON – Following a review of the proposed merger between Stop & Shop and Hannaford supermarkets, Attorney General Maura Healey announced today the terms of a settlement allowing the companies’ transaction to move forward.
The AG’s Office joined attorneys general in Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia and the Federal Trade Commission to complete a national review of the transaction. The proposed merger combines the parent companies of multiple supermarket chains in the United States and Europe. In a settlement, filed in conjunction today with a lawsuit in the federal district court for the District of Columbia, Ahold and Delhaize are required to divest 81 of their stores nationwide to competitors in order to complete the merger.
“Stop & Shop and Hannaford supermarkets are located in numerous Massachusetts communities,” said AG Healey. “By requiring divestitures in cities and towns where the merger would significantly reduce competition, this settlement maintains a marketplace with incentives for stores to offer the best prices, service, and merchandise to consumers.”
Eight of the stores required to be divested before the merger takes place are located in Massachusetts. Big Y Foods, Inc. will be acquiring Hannaford stores in Kingston, Quincy, Norwell, Milford, Norwood, Saugus and Easton, and Tops Markets, LLC will be acquiring a Stop & Shop store located in Gardner.
Ahold operates more than 130 Stop & Shop stores in Massachusetts and its principal U.S. subsidiary, Ahold U.S.A., Inc., is headquartered in Quincy. Delhaize operates more than 20 Hannaford stores in Massachusetts its principal U.S. subsidiary, Delhaize America, LLC, is headquartered in North Carolina.
This matter was handled by Assistant Attorney General Michael MacKenzie, Division Chief William Matlack, and Paralegal/Economic Analyst Kyle Barr of Attorney General Healey’s Antitrust Division.