- NECAP 春節猜謎餐會 1/28 52Hz放映匯報
- 波克萊台商會1/14新春團聚 Summer Star Trail Walk 1/28
- 校友、同學會 - 清華1/16滑雪 北大2/4慶新春, MIT東北聯慶春 1/22
- 華夏文協迎春1/21 羅島華協慶新年 2/4 昆士市農曆新年慶祝 2/12
- 全美亞裔婦女會1/15 京津同鄉會慶新春 2/4
- BCIC 2017 首聚 1/20
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 麻州州長動態 - Baker Meets with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - 2/1 慶新年
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - please vote
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- 國際領袖基金會 - 2017暑期公共事務實習受理報名
- Plays -Huntington - The Who & The What
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事 失敗創業家書單 - 撕裂台灣社會
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 紅幫裁縫的傳奇
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- MIPIM 2017 - Chengdu City Music Hall wins World Architecture Festival Award
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Cranston Lands $300,000 Grant for L...
- HCSSA - 哈佛中國論壇 4/21-23
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 招聘 - 燎原海聘
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- 波士頓華埠社區中心/華美福利會/華埠社區聯盟/ 華人醫務中心/ 亞美社區發展協會/ 華夏文化協會
- 劍橋中文學校慶新春1/29 華文作協 2/2 K-12 CFL Leadership Institute
- 創業 - 华夏瓴投基金波士顿医疗专场研讨会 1/17
- 波士頓亞裔房東會1/14 BCIC 1/22
- 醫藥 - 生命科學稅優惠2/16 Gene Online 10大熱門新聞
星期一, 7月 25, 2016
Stop & Shop 母公司將和Hannaford連鎖超市合併
AG HEALEY ANNOUNCES SETTLEMENT ALLOWING PARENT COMPANIES OF STOP & SHOP AND HANNAFORD SUPERMARKET CHAINS TO MERGE
BOSTON – Following a review of the proposed merger between Stop & Shop and Hannaford supermarkets, Attorney General Maura Healey announced today the terms of a settlement allowing the companies’ transaction to move forward.
The AG’s Office joined attorneys general in Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia and the Federal Trade Commission to complete a national review of the transaction. The proposed merger combines the parent companies of multiple supermarket chains in the United States and Europe. In a settlement, filed in conjunction today with a lawsuit in the federal district court for the District of Columbia, Ahold and Delhaize are required to divest 81 of their stores nationwide to competitors in order to complete the merger.
“Stop & Shop and Hannaford supermarkets are located in numerous Massachusetts communities,” said AG Healey. “By requiring divestitures in cities and towns where the merger would significantly reduce competition, this settlement maintains a marketplace with incentives for stores to offer the best prices, service, and merchandise to consumers.”
Eight of the stores required to be divested before the merger takes place are located in Massachusetts. Big Y Foods, Inc. will be acquiring Hannaford stores in Kingston, Quincy, Norwell, Milford, Norwood, Saugus and Easton, and Tops Markets, LLC will be acquiring a Stop & Shop store located in Gardner.
Ahold operates more than 130 Stop & Shop stores in Massachusetts and its principal U.S. subsidiary, Ahold U.S.A., Inc., is headquartered in Quincy. Delhaize operates more than 20 Hannaford stores in Massachusetts its principal U.S. subsidiary, Delhaize America, LLC, is headquartered in North Carolina.
This matter was handled by Assistant Attorney General Michael MacKenzie, Division Chief William Matlack, and Paralegal/Economic Analyst Kyle Barr of Attorney General Healey’s Antitrust Division.