The legislation (as amended in H. 4477), signed into law by Governor Baker includes:
- Section 1, Designates the Fall River Gold Star monument the official gold star monument of the Commonwealth.
- Section 4, Expands the Public Service Scholarship to extend support to benefit children of service members held as prisoners of war or missing in action in any conflict.
- Sections 9-10, Extend total municipal real estate tax exemption to cover surviving spouses of any service member killed during active duty service and veterans with service-connected blindness that results in a 100% disability rating from the Federal Veterans Administration.
- Section 12, Allows for municipalities to establish a way for individuals to voluntarily check off, donate, or pledge an amount of money which shall go to the Municipal Veterans Assistance Fund. The Fund provides support for vets and their dependents in need of immediate assistance with food, transportation, heat and oil expenses
- Sections 22-24, Add veteran status as protected class under the law prohibiting discrimination in employment (Ch. 151B, §4).