- NECAP 春節猜謎餐會1/28 客家鄉親天穿日2/18
- 波士頓榮光會春宴 2/26 Summer Star Trail Walk 1/28
- 校友、同學會 - 清華1/16滑雪 北大2/4慶新春, MIT東北聯慶春 1/22
- 華夏文協迎春1/21 羅島華協慶新年 2/4 昆士市農曆新年慶祝 2/12
- 京津同鄉會慶新春 2/4
- BCIC 2017 首聚 1/20
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 麻州州長動態 - Baker Meets with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - 2/1 慶新年
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - please vote
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- 國際領袖基金會 - 2017暑期公共事務實習受理報名
- Plays -Huntington - The Who & The What
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事 失敗創業家書單 - 撕裂台灣社會
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 紅幫裁縫的傳奇
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- MIPIM 2017 - Chengdu City Music Hall wins World Architecture Festival Award
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Cranston Lands $300,000 Grant for L...
- HCSSA - 哈佛中國論壇 4/21-23
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 招聘 - 燎原海聘
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- 波士頓華埠社區中心/華美福利會/華埠社區聯盟/ 華人醫務中心/ 亞美社區發展協會/ 華夏文化協會
- 劍橋中文學校慶新春1/29 華文作協 2/2 K-12 CFL Leadership Institute
- 創業 - 华夏瓴投基金波士顿医疗专场研讨会 1/17
- 波士頓亞裔房東會1/14 BCIC 1/22
- 醫藥 - 生命科學稅優惠2/16 Gene Online 10大熱門新聞
星期六, 7月 09, 2016
當代國際藝術村新展覽 7/10 下午兩點開幕
An opening reception for the exhibition will take place at The Quarry on July 10, 2016, 2pm to 5pm. Robert will be present for an artist talk Sunday July 24 at 2pm.*
As an interdisciplinary artist, Robert Maloney has often incorporated “space” into his visual memories/experience. Inspired by the fluid and flawed process of our deteriorating memories, Maloney’s Building Memories installation at CAI Gallery utilizes digital projection of portraits that are superimposed onto architecturally inspired structures made of topographic maps and thin strips of wood. The portraits ameliorate and deteriorate through a series of time lapse animations, as the imagery is projected onto the structures, they dissolve and reform at different stages of recognition.
The skeletal structures fragment the imagery into a field of cubistlike architectural shadows. “We struggle to make out the features embedded in the structures in the same way that we excavate the memories of the individuals and dwellings of our past…” as Maloney stated. In this installation, a soundtrack of ambient and rhythmic sounds will accompany the video footage to create a fully immersive experience for the viewer.
In conjunction with “Building Memories” at CAI, a joint exhibit of Robert’s monotype prints and mixed media wall constructions will be on view at Rapscallion Table & Tap, a restaurant/bar only two miles away from CAI grounds (artist reception July 31, 3pm 5pm).
Robert Maloney is an Assistant Professor at the Massachusetts College of Art and Design. His recent work focuses on the connections between the temporary materials of our manmade, urban structures and how these fragile forms relate to the erosion of memory. His work has been featured in Creative Quarterly Magazine, Cloth Paper Scissors Magazine, The Pulse of Mixed Media (North Light Books), Art Revolution (North Light Books) and Artscope Magazine and his work is held in the collection of Wellington Management, Liberty Mutual and private collections.
* The gallery is closed for a private event July 16.
CAI’s admission fee is $5 for students and $10 for adults, which will include a tour of the studio and the sculpture park. For a group rate (10+), please contact us beforehand so that we can better prepare for your visit.
For more information, visit our website at www.contemporaryartsinternational.org.
Contemporary Arts International (CAI), also known as The Quarry, is a non-profit located in a 12.9-acre quarry in Acton MA. The mission of CAI is to promote the creation, understanding and appreciation of contemporary arts in the global context through art education, exhibition, and international symposium. For more information, visit the CAI’s website.
Contemporary Arts International (CAI)
68 Quarry Road
Acton MA 01720
The Contemporary Arts International (CAI), a non-profit art center located at 68 Quarry Road, Acton MA, is hosting an exhibition, “Building Memories” featuring installation and digital projection work by Robert Maloney, the show will run from July 6 through July 31, 2016 at CAI Gallery. An opening reception will take place on July 10 from 2pm to 5pm, with Artist Talk at 2pm. The CAI is open to visitors everyday 2pm to 5pm or by appointment (617-699-6401). The admission is $5 for students and $10 for adults.