- 國際領袖基金會 - AAPI Business Summit 5/16
- 創業 - 慶祝亞裔傳統月座談 5/16 MIT-CHIEF HMS-CSSA華人創業論壇 燎原 5/9
- 音樂 - 劍橋合唱團 5/21 于翔 5/21 黎卓宇6/17 胡桃山音樂營 7/20
- FAPA-MA 年會5/20 紐英崙客家鄉親會年會6/3
- NEACP 5/20 TCCNE台商會美食 5/21 高球賽5/27 教中文策略講座 7/8-20
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- 玉山科協中醫講座5/19 哈佛中醫藥論壇 5/21
- Concrete Actions 5/25 Boston Asian American Film F...
- 校友、同學會 - 北大 法律講座5/23
- CYPN 第三屆健身賽4/29 亞洲女性聯合會
- 中華民俗藝術工作坊 山水印象5/27
- 醫藥 - SAPANE年會6/17 中国在研药品的FDA法规注册之路
- NECINA - 年會 6/17
- 北美華文作協 5/13, 6/1
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟 5/13
- 招聘 - 華中科大 5/19 四川大學5/21 浙江海外人才洽談會5/27
- 麻州州長動態 - Presents Green Communities Designation Awards
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Installs New Flood Warning System
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - receving Eleanor Roosevelt Award 5/31
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- meeting notes 5/14
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - Cambridge Mini Bond Program
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- Plays - Peerless 4/27-5/27 New Rep Gala 5/9 Huntington 5/26
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 紅幫裁縫的傳奇
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
星期六, 7月 09, 2016
當代國際藝術村新展覽 7/10 下午兩點開幕
An opening reception for the exhibition will take place at The Quarry on July 10, 2016, 2pm to 5pm. Robert will be present for an artist talk Sunday July 24 at 2pm.*
As an interdisciplinary artist, Robert Maloney has often incorporated “space” into his visual memories/experience. Inspired by the fluid and flawed process of our deteriorating memories, Maloney’s Building Memories installation at CAI Gallery utilizes digital projection of portraits that are superimposed onto architecturally inspired structures made of topographic maps and thin strips of wood. The portraits ameliorate and deteriorate through a series of time lapse animations, as the imagery is projected onto the structures, they dissolve and reform at different stages of recognition.
The skeletal structures fragment the imagery into a field of cubistlike architectural shadows. “We struggle to make out the features embedded in the structures in the same way that we excavate the memories of the individuals and dwellings of our past…” as Maloney stated. In this installation, a soundtrack of ambient and rhythmic sounds will accompany the video footage to create a fully immersive experience for the viewer.
In conjunction with “Building Memories” at CAI, a joint exhibit of Robert’s monotype prints and mixed media wall constructions will be on view at Rapscallion Table & Tap, a restaurant/bar only two miles away from CAI grounds (artist reception July 31, 3pm 5pm).
Robert Maloney is an Assistant Professor at the Massachusetts College of Art and Design. His recent work focuses on the connections between the temporary materials of our manmade, urban structures and how these fragile forms relate to the erosion of memory. His work has been featured in Creative Quarterly Magazine, Cloth Paper Scissors Magazine, The Pulse of Mixed Media (North Light Books), Art Revolution (North Light Books) and Artscope Magazine and his work is held in the collection of Wellington Management, Liberty Mutual and private collections.
* The gallery is closed for a private event July 16.
CAI’s admission fee is $5 for students and $10 for adults, which will include a tour of the studio and the sculpture park. For a group rate (10+), please contact us beforehand so that we can better prepare for your visit.
For more information, visit our website at www.contemporaryartsinternational.org.
Contemporary Arts International (CAI), also known as The Quarry, is a non-profit located in a 12.9-acre quarry in Acton MA. The mission of CAI is to promote the creation, understanding and appreciation of contemporary arts in the global context through art education, exhibition, and international symposium. For more information, visit the CAI’s website.
Contemporary Arts International (CAI)
68 Quarry Road
Acton MA 01720
The Contemporary Arts International (CAI), a non-profit art center located at 68 Quarry Road, Acton MA, is hosting an exhibition, “Building Memories” featuring installation and digital projection work by Robert Maloney, the show will run from July 6 through July 31, 2016 at CAI Gallery. An opening reception will take place on July 10 from 2pm to 5pm, with Artist Talk at 2pm. The CAI is open to visitors everyday 2pm to 5pm or by appointment (617-699-6401). The admission is $5 for students and $10 for adults.