- 波士頓哲五＂受困在帝國邊緣＂12/4 鄭守夏講座 12/5 波克萊台商會1/14新春團聚
- CYPN千人滑雪 12/9-11 舞池上的迪士尼 12/9 Asian Night Boston 12/17
- 東波士頓藝術家開放日 12/3 A lecture on Angel Island 12/9
- NEACP包場看李安新片 12/3
- 北美華文作協講座 12/8
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 麻州州長動態 - Awards $250,000 in Conservation District Innovation Grants
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - 12/8 假日慶祝會
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - please vote
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- 國際領袖基金會 - 代表團訪問台灣獲總統接見
- Plays - Boston Playwrights’ Faithless
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事 失敗創業家書單 - 撕裂台灣社會
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 紅幫裁縫的傳奇
- 朱学渊 - 我十二年前“全球化尾声已近”的预期，被川普当选证实
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- MIPIM 2017 - Chengdu City Music Hall wins World Architecture Festival Award
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Cranston Lands $300,000 Grant for L...
- HCSSA - 特邀讲座：京剧的现状、挑战、和前景 12/2
- TCFA第22屆年會 11/6
- 華夏文協乒乓賽11/19 QARI 宣佈代主任，年會 11/17
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 醫藥 - HMS-CSSA 講座12/2 Medical Device Symposium 12/10
- 招聘 - 廈門大學生物醫學院 12/2 MIRA
- AAC TAP CACAB NAAAP AARW AAWPI ASPIRE AWH WANG YMCA QARI
星期六, 7月 09, 2016
當代國際藝術村新展覽 7/10 下午兩點開幕
An opening reception for the exhibition will take place at The Quarry on July 10, 2016, 2pm to 5pm. Robert will be present for an artist talk Sunday July 24 at 2pm.*
As an interdisciplinary artist, Robert Maloney has often incorporated “space” into his visual memories/experience. Inspired by the fluid and flawed process of our deteriorating memories, Maloney’s Building Memories installation at CAI Gallery utilizes digital projection of portraits that are superimposed onto architecturally inspired structures made of topographic maps and thin strips of wood. The portraits ameliorate and deteriorate through a series of time lapse animations, as the imagery is projected onto the structures, they dissolve and reform at different stages of recognition.
The skeletal structures fragment the imagery into a field of cubistlike architectural shadows. “We struggle to make out the features embedded in the structures in the same way that we excavate the memories of the individuals and dwellings of our past…” as Maloney stated. In this installation, a soundtrack of ambient and rhythmic sounds will accompany the video footage to create a fully immersive experience for the viewer.
In conjunction with “Building Memories” at CAI, a joint exhibit of Robert’s monotype prints and mixed media wall constructions will be on view at Rapscallion Table & Tap, a restaurant/bar only two miles away from CAI grounds (artist reception July 31, 3pm 5pm).
Robert Maloney is an Assistant Professor at the Massachusetts College of Art and Design. His recent work focuses on the connections between the temporary materials of our manmade, urban structures and how these fragile forms relate to the erosion of memory. His work has been featured in Creative Quarterly Magazine, Cloth Paper Scissors Magazine, The Pulse of Mixed Media (North Light Books), Art Revolution (North Light Books) and Artscope Magazine and his work is held in the collection of Wellington Management, Liberty Mutual and private collections.
* The gallery is closed for a private event July 16.
CAI’s admission fee is $5 for students and $10 for adults, which will include a tour of the studio and the sculpture park. For a group rate (10+), please contact us beforehand so that we can better prepare for your visit.
For more information, visit our website at www.contemporaryartsinternational.org.
Contemporary Arts International (CAI), also known as The Quarry, is a non-profit located in a 12.9-acre quarry in Acton MA. The mission of CAI is to promote the creation, understanding and appreciation of contemporary arts in the global context through art education, exhibition, and international symposium. For more information, visit the CAI’s website.
Contemporary Arts International (CAI)
68 Quarry Road
Acton MA 01720
The Contemporary Arts International (CAI), a non-profit art center located at 68 Quarry Road, Acton MA, is hosting an exhibition, “Building Memories” featuring installation and digital projection work by Robert Maloney, the show will run from July 6 through July 31, 2016 at CAI Gallery. An opening reception will take place on July 10 from 2pm to 5pm, with Artist Talk at 2pm. The CAI is open to visitors everyday 2pm to 5pm or by appointment (617-699-6401). The admission is $5 for students and $10 for adults.