- 波士頓哲五＂受困在帝國邊緣＂12/4 鄭守夏講座 12/5 波克萊台商會1/14新春團聚
- CYPN千人滑雪 12/9-11 舞池上的迪士尼 12/9 Asian Night Boston 12/17
- 東波士頓藝術家開放日 12/3 A lecture on Angel Island 12/9
- NEACP包場看李安新片 12/3
- 北美華文作協講座 12/8
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 麻州州長動態 - Awards $250,000 in Conservation District Innovation Grants
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - 12/8 假日慶祝會
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - please vote
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- 國際領袖基金會 - 代表團訪問台灣獲總統接見
- Plays - Boston Playwrights’ Faithless
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事 失敗創業家書單 - 撕裂台灣社會
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 紅幫裁縫的傳奇
- 朱学渊 - 我十二年前“全球化尾声已近”的预期，被川普当选证实
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- MIPIM 2017 - Chengdu City Music Hall wins World Architecture Festival Award
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Cranston Lands $300,000 Grant for L...
- HCSSA - 特邀讲座：京剧的现状、挑战、和前景 12/2
- TCFA第22屆年會 11/6
- 華夏文協乒乓賽11/19 QARI 宣佈代主任，年會 11/17
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 醫藥 - HMS-CSSA 講座12/2 Medical Device Symposium 12/10
- 招聘 - 廈門大學生物醫學院 12/2 MIRA
- AAC TAP CACAB NAAAP AARW AAWPI ASPIRE AWH WANG YMCA QARI
星期五, 6月 24, 2016
Quincy Center traffic change tonight at 9 p.m.
The permanent transformation of traffic patterns in Quincy Center – eliminating four lanes of traffic in front of the historic Church of the Presidents – will take place beginning at 9 p.m. on Friday, June 24
Contractors must move barriers, paint new traffic lines, and turn on new traffic signals – which will require detours in the Hancock Street area between Dimmock, Coddington, and Washington and Granite streets from 9 p.m. until about 5 a.m. on Saturday, June 25.
When the change takes effect, vehicular traffic will no longer travel in front of the historic First Parish Church, which is home to the crypts of John and Abigail Adams and John Quincy and Louisa Catherine Adams. The change will for the first time allow two-way traffic around the Church, which is not only expected to improve traffic flow but dramatically improve pedestrian access in the area.
The change sets the stage for the second phase of the Adams Green park project by creating a new open space directly in front of the church. Construction on park infrastructure is underway.
A map of the traffic changes can be viewed here, and here are the highlights:
Hancock Street between the McIntyre Mall and past the Church, CIty Hall and the Hancock Cemetery becomes a public space and no longer open to vehicular traffic.
Hancock Street will take Southbound travellers around the back of the Church to go straight on Washigton, left on Coddington Street or right on Temple Street and back toward Hancock and Granite Street.
Northbound travellers will go around the Church on Temple Street with no changes in the traffic pattern.
There will also be no changes in the traffic pattern for travellers on Washington Street heading North toward Hancock Street.
Westbound drivers on Coddington can take the existing right-hand turn past Presidents Place and onto Hancock Street or can travel straight through the light onto Temple and toward Hancock.