|MIT Provost Martin A. Schmidt (3rd from Left) announced the launch|
of MIT Hong Kong Innovation Node along with Charlie Sodini (2nd
from left), Fiona Murray (4th from righ)，Yashen Huang (2nd
from right). Photo by Chutze Chou.
- 國際領袖基金會 - 2017暑期公共事務實習受理報名
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- 太陽的孩子放映會2/13 客家鄉親天穿日2/18 生涯規劃座談 3/5
- 中國文化工作坊 講座 3/2 教中文策略講座 7/8-20
- 波士頓榮光會春宴 2/26 Summer Star Trail Walk 1/28
- 校友、同學會 - 清華校友講座 2/19
- 紐英崙華史會2/10 昆士市農曆新年慶祝 2/12
- 京津同鄉會慶新春 2/4
- BCIC 稅法及投資2 /17 全球頂尖菁英金融論壇 2/18
- 招聘 - 燎原留學生招聘專場 2/21
- BCIC 2017 首聚 1/20
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 麻州州長動態 - Baker Releases Fiscal Year 2018 Budget Proposal
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - meeting note 2/17
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - Cambridge Mini Bond Program
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Installs New Flood Warning System
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- Plays -Huntington - The Who & The What
- MIPIM 2017 - 土耳其環境及市區化部長做開幕主講
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事 失敗創業家書單 - 撕裂台灣社會
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 紅幫裁縫的傳奇
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
星期二, 6月 07, 2016
MIT announced launching of Hong Kong Innovation Node
By Chutze Chou
June 7th, 2016
MIT officially launched its new Hong Kong Innovation Node on June 7th at its first EmTech Hong Kong conference held at Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Center.
MIT Provost Martin A. Schmidt, and Fiona Murray, the Bill Porter Professor of Entrepreneurship, associate dean of innovation at MIT Sloan School, and co-director of the MIT Innovation Initiative; and Charlie Sodini, the Clarence J. LeBel Professor of Electrical Engineering and faculty director of the MIT Hong Kong Innovation Node, all offered remarks.
This Hong Kong Innovation Node once is a unique hardware accelerator program designed to educate students in key areas of innovation practice. It is once called MIT ambassador program.
Charlie Sodini said there are 24 students, 12 from MIT and 12 from Hong Kong are gathering in Hong Kong from June 5 to June 11th for a week-long immersive experience in technology-based entrepreneurship. These students will form international teams, refine an idea, build a prototype, learn from industry experts, and explore the thriving startup scene in Hong Kong and Shenzhen.
At the end of the program, students will demonstrate their prototypes in a final showcase.
Charlie Sodini also announced that Mr. Brian Yan will be the executive director this new new Hong Kong Innovation Node.
MIT's President L. Rafael Reif first announced the MIT Hong Kong Innovation Node last November when sharing his vision of adding innovation to the traditional roles of teaching and research in higher education. Conceived of and run by the MIT Innovation Initiative.
According to someone who is close to this MIT new adventure, MIT is planning to establish the same program in at least 5 more places including Singapore, San Francisco, Bejing.