|MIT Provost Martin A. Schmidt (3rd from Left) announced the launch|
of MIT Hong Kong Innovation Node along with Charlie Sodini (2nd
from left), Fiona Murray (4th from righ)，Yashen Huang (2nd
from right). Photo by Chutze Chou.
- 波士頓哲五＂受困在帝國邊緣＂12/4 鄭守夏講座 12/5 波克萊台商會1/14新春團聚
- CYPN千人滑雪 12/9-11 舞池上的迪士尼 12/9 Asian Night Boston 12/17
- 東波士頓藝術家開放日 12/3 A lecture on Angel Island 12/9
- NEACP包場看李安新片 12/3
- 北美華文作協講座 12/8
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 麻州州長動態 - Awards $250,000 in Conservation District Innovation Grants
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - 12/8 假日慶祝會
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - please vote
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- 國際領袖基金會 - 代表團訪問台灣獲總統接見
- Plays - Boston Playwrights’ Faithless
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事 失敗創業家書單 - 撕裂台灣社會
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 紅幫裁縫的傳奇
- 朱学渊 - 我十二年前“全球化尾声已近”的预期，被川普当选证实
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- MIPIM 2017 - Chengdu City Music Hall wins World Architecture Festival Award
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Cranston Lands $300,000 Grant for L...
- HCSSA - 特邀讲座：京剧的现状、挑战、和前景 12/2
- TCFA第22屆年會 11/6
- 華夏文協乒乓賽11/19 QARI 宣佈代主任，年會 11/17
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 醫藥 - HMS-CSSA 講座12/2 Medical Device Symposium 12/10
- 招聘 - 廈門大學生物醫學院 12/2 MIRA
- AAC TAP CACAB NAAAP AARW AAWPI ASPIRE AWH WANG YMCA QARI
星期二, 6月 07, 2016
MIT announced launching of Hong Kong Innovation Node
By Chutze Chou
June 7th, 2016
MIT officially launched its new Hong Kong Innovation Node on June 7th at its first EmTech Hong Kong conference held at Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Center.
MIT Provost Martin A. Schmidt, and Fiona Murray, the Bill Porter Professor of Entrepreneurship, associate dean of innovation at MIT Sloan School, and co-director of the MIT Innovation Initiative; and Charlie Sodini, the Clarence J. LeBel Professor of Electrical Engineering and faculty director of the MIT Hong Kong Innovation Node, all offered remarks.
This Hong Kong Innovation Node once is a unique hardware accelerator program designed to educate students in key areas of innovation practice. It is once called MIT ambassador program.
Charlie Sodini said there are 24 students, 12 from MIT and 12 from Hong Kong are gathering in Hong Kong from June 5 to June 11th for a week-long immersive experience in technology-based entrepreneurship. These students will form international teams, refine an idea, build a prototype, learn from industry experts, and explore the thriving startup scene in Hong Kong and Shenzhen.
At the end of the program, students will demonstrate their prototypes in a final showcase.
Charlie Sodini also announced that Mr. Brian Yan will be the executive director this new new Hong Kong Innovation Node.
MIT's President L. Rafael Reif first announced the MIT Hong Kong Innovation Node last November when sharing his vision of adding innovation to the traditional roles of teaching and research in higher education. Conceived of and run by the MIT Innovation Initiative.
According to someone who is close to this MIT new adventure, MIT is planning to establish the same program in at least 5 more places including Singapore, San Francisco, Bejing.