- 國際領袖基金會 - 2017暑期公共事務實習受理報名
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- 加斯林糖尿病中心"薑味" 3/27
- 藝協中國舞比賽4/1 無名劇社4/2 教中文策略講座 7/8-20
- 校友、同學會 - 清華校友2017年會 4/15 龍舟賽招兵買馬
- 華史會 3/28 Cafe Philo 4/6 & 4/9 TEAM screening 4/6
- NEACP 4/9 放映"日常生活"紀錄片
- 招聘 - 世和基因 (Geneseeq Inc.) 人才招聘宣讲会 3/17
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 麻州州長動態 - Presents Green Communities Designation Awards
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - Cambridge Mini Bond Program
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Installs New Flood Warning System
- Plays -Peerless 4/27-5/27 Sinners 3/23-4/2 - Franklin 3/23-4/2
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事 失敗創業家書單 - 撕裂台灣社會
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 紅幫裁縫的傳奇
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - meeting notes 3/23
- HCSSA march newsletter Harvard China Forum 4/21-23
- 醫藥 - SAPANE第19屆職業發展研討會3/18
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- HCSSA -
- 波士頓華埠社區中心/華美福利會/華埠社區聯盟/ 華人醫務中心/ 亞美社區發展協會/ 華夏文化協會
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委...
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- AAC TAP CACAB NAAAP AARW AAWPI ASPIRE AWH WANG YMC...
- International Seafood show 2017 in Boston
- BCIC - 張禮卿談Trump執政對中美經濟的潛在影響 3/17 中美律師論壇 3/18
星期三, 6月 08, 2016
Boston Chinatown Atlas Project Now Online.
Boston Chinatown Atlas Project Now Online.
Creator Tunney Lee Speaks Thursday, June 9th in Boston Chinatown.
Boston, MA, June 8, 2016--The Chinese Historical Society of New England (CHSNE) is proud to announce the online launch of MIT Professor Emeritus Tunney Lee’s Boston Chinatown Atlas (http://chinatownatlas.mit.
edu/). The website documents and explores Chinatown’s growth and change through time as told by personal stories, photos, maps, and interactive features.
Susan Chinsen, Managing Director of CHSNE, is celebrating the website’s accessibility: “Many have already benefited from the traveling exhibition panels, and with the unveiling of the website, many more will now have access to a comprehensive, multilayered, one-stop resource about the history of Boston’s Chinatown.”
The public is invited to a free presentation and Q&A with Lee covering the research process, the current website, and future plans for the project. Please join Lee and CHSNE this Thursday, June 9, 2016 from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM at Tufts Medical Center - Wolff Auditorium, 800 Washington Street, Boston. For more information about the event and to reserve free tickets, please go to https://ChinatownAtlasLaunch.
About Chinatown Atlas
Boston’s Chinatown serves as the economic, social, and cultural center for one of the fastest growing populations in Massachusetts. The project and the website seeks to understand and tell the story of Chinatown’s history, dynamics, and context, and to encourage future generations to appreciate the traditions and to preserve the community’s vitality. The presented information comes from extensive archival research, census data, and interviews with community members, contextualized the the history of Greater Boston. The Chinatown Atlas concept originated more than 20-years ago between Tunney Lee and Randall Imai through a series illustrations of Chinatown.
The Boston Chinatown Atlas is a collaborative project led by Tunney Lee, David Chang, Randall Imai, Jonathan Wyss, Kelly Sandefer, Kye Liang, Tien-yi Lee, Chinese Historical Society of New England, Chinatown Lantern Cultural and Educational Center, UMass Boston Institute for Asian American Studies, and many former MIT alumni and community members.
About the Chinese Historical Society of New England (CHSNE)
CHSNE is a non-profit membership organization established in 1992 to document, preserve, and promote the history, impact and legacy of Chinese immigration to and settlement in New England. CHSNE supports researchers through our archival photographs and ephemera, oral histories, and object collections. CHSNE hosts various events throughout the year, including lectures by local scholars and authors, walking tours of Chinatown, movie screenings, and an annual banquet. Our bilingual newsletter features local events, short essays, notices, and community opportunities. We strive to work on diverse projects that allow us to showcase local history for a public audience. chsne.org