- 創業 - MIT-CHIEF 8/17 泰州9/14
- BTBA 8/5, 6 玉山科協 8/12
- 波士頓哲五 - 國家正常化與青年組織
- 波士頓同源會 8/19 昆士市中秋節 8/20
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 招聘 - 波士頓僑教中心，中山醫學院，孫逸仙紀念醫院 Chicken & Rice Guy
- 波士頓同源會頒獎宴8/19 夏星朗讀會誌記梭羅200週年8/26
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- ILF 國際領袖基金會 - ACE Next generation conference 8/18-20
- 麻州州長動態 - Awards $72 Million to Create, Rehabilitate and Preserve Nearly 2,000 Housing Units
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Car Tax Bill
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - Say thanks and farewell
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- Plays - Where Am I 8/23 爬藤9/16 Ideation 9/2-24
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 看見台灣：向齊柏林致敬
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
- HCSSA - 幹部改選結果公佈
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 校友、同學會 台大校友 9/9 北美洲成大校友10/13-15 北大，清華，中科大， CYPN
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- 和選民見面會8/5, 8/16
- 劍橋市素描餐廳 8/9 慶祝世界白酒日
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - 8/6 啟動連任競選
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- Ben Chin for Mayor in Maine
- BCIC - BCIC 量化投资路演 8/24
星期四, 4月 14, 2016
BCNC Youth and Adult Students Actively Engage with Senate Candidates
BOSTON – Students from the Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center’s Adult Education program and Youth Center attended a community-based forum held March 16, 2016. This was the first time most of the students have had an opportunity to engage with their civic leaders. The seven Senate candidates were vying for the state seat previously held by Senator Anthony Petruccelli of East Boston. The forum was held at the Josiah Quincy Elementary school with approximately 200 audience members in attendance.
BCNC Adult Education students exercised their civic duty and gained in their feeling of empowerment, as they expressed their concerns and became familiar with the candidates’ views on important issues, including: language access, affordable housing, transportation and employment opportunities. To prepare, the Adult Education teachers taught lessons on government structure, civic rights and responsibilities and the role of government. Adult Education students also assisted with forum tasks, including voter registration, ushering, timekeeping and greeting attendees.John Wang, a BCNC youth, represented Asian American youth at the forum and asked the candidates about their views on the Charter School Cap and its implications for Boston Public School students.
Senate candidates faced off in the Democratic primary on April 12th with Joe Bancore besting the six other candidates. A special election is slated for May 10 to fill the vacant seat.
The Candidates Forum was sponsored by the Asian and Pacific Islanders' Civic Action Network, otherwise known as APIs CAN!. Co-Sponsors included: Asian American Civic Association, Asian Community Development Corporation, Chinatown Resident Association, Chinese Progressive Association, Chinese Progressive Political Action, MassVOTE and the South Cove Community Health Center.
The district includes Revere, Winthrop, and areas of Cambridge and Boston including Chinatown. The six candidates attending the forum were Joseph Boncore, Lydia Edwards, Diana Hwang, state Rep. Jay Livingstone, Revere city councilor Steven Morabito and Paul Rogers. Candidate Dan Rizzo was not present.