- 創業 - MIT-CHIEF 8/17 泰州9/14
- BTBA 8/5, 6 玉山科協 8/12
- 波士頓哲五 - 國家正常化與青年組織
- 波士頓同源會 8/19 昆士市中秋節 8/20
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 招聘 - 波士頓僑教中心，中山醫學院，孫逸仙紀念醫院 Chicken & Rice Guy
- 波士頓同源會頒獎宴8/19 夏星朗讀會誌記梭羅200週年8/26
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- ILF 國際領袖基金會 - ACE Next generation conference 8/18-20
- 麻州州長動態 - Awards $72 Million to Create, Rehabilitate and Preserve Nearly 2,000 Housing Units
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Car Tax Bill
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - Say thanks and farewell
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- Plays - Where Am I 8/23 爬藤9/16 Ideation 9/2-24
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 看見台灣：向齊柏林致敬
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
- HCSSA - 幹部改選結果公佈
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 校友、同學會 台大校友 9/9 北美洲成大校友10/13-15 北大，清華，中科大， CYPN
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- 和選民見面會8/5, 8/16
- 劍橋市素描餐廳 8/9 慶祝世界白酒日
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - 8/6 啟動連任競選
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- Ben Chin for Mayor in Maine
- BCIC - BCIC 量化投资路演 8/24
星期一, 3月 14, 2016
Police, Prosecutors Advise Caution Amid Apartment Leasing Scams
BOSTON, March 14, 2016—Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley and Boston Police Commissioner William B. Evans are warning potential renters to avoid online leasing scams amid an ongoing investigation into several incidents in Boston.
Suffolk prosecutors and Boston Police detectives are currently investigating incidents in which victims responded to apartment listings on web sites such as Craigslist and sent payments with the expectation that they would be leasing the apartment in the ad. The victims would later arrive at the residence prepared to move in, only to find the property already occupied and the rightful owner unaware of any lease agreement.
“The process of renting an apartment and moving into a new home is stressful enough,” Conley said. “I urge every renter to do careful research before entering into any agreement to ensure you’re getting what you paid for.”
“We ask that people using on-line services to rent apartments in Boston use caution,” said Evans. “By taking a few extra steps you can reduce your chances of becoming a victim of this type of scam.”
Prospective renters are encouraged to:
· Consider working with a licensed real estate professional to avoid phony apartment listings; Massachusetts licensure can be checked here.
· Meet in-person with a prospective landlord to view the apartment yourself.
· Don’t send payments unless you have independently confirmed that the recipient is the true owner of the property.
Anyone with information or who would like to report a similar incident may contact the DA’s Special Prosecutions Unit at 617-619-4090.