- 創業 - MIT-CHIEF 8/17 泰州9/14
- BTBA 8/5, 6 玉山科協 8/12
- 波士頓哲五 - 國家正常化與青年組織
- 波士頓同源會 8/19 昆士市中秋節 8/20
- 崇德佛院 普賢講堂 慈濟
- 招聘 - 波士頓僑教中心，中山醫學院，孫逸仙紀念醫院 Chicken & Rice Guy
- 波士頓同源會頒獎宴8/19 夏星朗讀會誌記梭羅200週年8/26
- ILF 國際領袖基金會
- ILF 國際領袖基金會 - ACE Next generation conference 8/18-20
- 麻州州長動態 - Awards $72 Million to Create, Rehabilitate and Preserve Nearly 2,000 Housing Units
- 羅德島州克蘭斯頓市長馮偉傑 Car Tax Bill
- 劍橋市議員張禮能 - Say thanks and farewell
- City of Boston, Quincy, Malden, Greenway 昆市市長亞裔顧問委員會
- MIT ENERGY CLUB Mass Innovation Nights
- 博物館 - Guggenheim, Harvard Art, Forbes House, China Institute
- Plays - Where Am I 8/23 爬藤9/16 Ideation 9/2-24
- MIPIM 2017 - Real Estate Tech Trends from MIPIM
- 李保華忠告年輕人 做個遠大的夢
- 朱学渊 - 陈建奇、郭晓敏：特朗普重塑全球的三大战略
- 作者專欄： 王世輝 - 看見台灣：向齊柏林致敬
- 台灣工程師的矽谷故事- 兩份文件，與嫁衣台灣
- HCSSA - 幹部改選結果公佈
- 【你的學歷，能幫助公司什麼…？】如果沒有這 7 個特質，你讀到台大也沒用！
- 校友、同學會 台大校友 9/9 北美洲成大校友10/13-15 北大，清華，中科大， CYPN
- 牛頓市議員馬惠美- 和選民見面會8/5, 8/16
- 劍橋市素描餐廳 8/9 慶祝世界白酒日
- 波士頓市議會議長吳弭 (Michelle Wu ) - 8/6 啟動連任競選
- BIOVision/ Boston MedTech / Mass Life Sciences
- Ben Chin for Mayor in Maine
- BCIC - BCIC 量化投资路演 8/24
星期五, 2月 12, 2016
NEW JERSEY STOCK PROMOTER IDENTIFIED IN UNDERCOVER OPERATION SENTENCED TO PRISON
NEW JERSEY STOCK PROMOTER IDENTIFIED IN
UNDERCOVER OPERATION SENTENCED TO PRISON
BOSTON – A New Jersey stock promoter was sentenced today in U.S. District Court in Boston for his involvement in a scheme to artificially manipulate the stock price of Massachusetts-based company, Amogear Inc.
Michael Affa, 36, of Toms River, NJ, was sentenced by U.S. District Court Judge William G. Young to 33 months in prison and ordered to pay a fine of $1 million. In September 2015, Affa pleaded guilty to conspiracy, securities fraud, and wire fraud.
In 2013 and 2014, a federal undercover operation monitored in real-time, Affa’s participation in the scheme to manipulate the stock price of Amogear. In February 2014, the SEC suspended trading in the securities of Amogear as the attempted manipulation of its stock was underway. Prior to the suspension, Affa and his co-conspirators, who were all stock promoters, carried out a scheme to create a false appearance of an active market in the stock, including a false media campaign designed to increase the price of the stock, knowing that Amogear was a shell company without any real operations. Affa and his co-conspirators planned to sell the stock into the market at artificially inflated prices from which they would profit. What Affa did not know was that Amogear was controlled by the FBI and used to obtain evidence of their attempt to manipulate the market.
The case arises from a multi-year investigation focusing on preventing fraud in the microcap stock markets. Microcap companies are small, publicly-traded companies whose stock often trades at pennies per share. Fraud in the microcap stock markets is of increasing concern to regulators as such markets have proven to be fertile grounds for fraud and abuse. This is, in part, because accurate information about microcap stocks may be difficult for the average investor to find, since many microcap companies do not file financial reports with the SEC.
United States Attorney Carmen M. Ortiz and Harold H. Shaw, Special Agent in Charge of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Boston Field Division, made the announcement today. The case was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Vassili Thomadakis of Ortiz’s Criminal Division and Special Assistant U.S. Attorneys Eric Forni and Andrew Palid of the Securities and Exchange Commission.