Over 100 of us were there to help celebrate AWFH's collective accomplishments in the past year. It gave me great pleasure to present this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVezP7E_37c, and to hear the inspirational stories shared by our members and supporters.
Our keynote speaker, Pauline Alighieri, the Executive Director of Friend of Mel Foundation, one of the first donors to AWFH, pledged continued support with a $1,000 gift and also named AWFH the recipient of "Mel's Magic": Purchase bead bracelets during the month of June to benefit AWFH!
We have created a new community in which Asian women aspire to lead happy, healthy lives through peer education, advocacy and support. If you share the same vision, please join us in advancing our mission by volunteering and contributing to our common cause.
By practicing the "Daffodil Principle" every day - as long as we stay focused and persistent with acts small and large, we will make a big impact together.
JEarley's Brookline Hair Salon donated "Style, Allure & Rejuvenate" Monday series of 30-minute workshops held between 9am-1pm, with all proceeds to benefit AWFH ($15/workshop or $60 for the entire series, waivers available for cancer survivors and patients by request.) This is a perfect gift for yourself or your friends, and you may book your preferred date(s) and time(s) via email@example.com or by calling 617-734-4247:
- 3/31: Hair Styling, how to blow dry, use products and hair trims
- 4/14: Makeup, lips, eyes, eye brows
- 4/21: Hair/Wig, styling & cutting in shape
- 4/28: Skincare, foundations for skin & balancing tone
- 5/5: How to decide the right cut for you or your wig style
- 5/12: Hair cut & color type for you & your skin type
5th AAPI Mental Health Forum "Healing through Arts: Breaking Silences & Lifting Spirits" CEU available
Simmons College, Linda K. Paresky Conference Center
for more information, email: COStaffDev@massmail.state.ma.us
Wednesday, May 21, 8-4pm
2nd State of Asian Women's Health in MA
Tufts University, Sackler Building, Room 114
145 Harrison Ave., Boston 02111
Jean Yang, the ED of Health Connector and Lisa Wong, Mayor of Fitchburg, will be keynote speakers!
Register to attend now at http://2014awhinma.eventbrite.com
Sponsors and advertisers please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
During month of June, buy bracelets for yourself and as gifts and benefit AWFH here: Friend of Mel Foundation
Saturday, June 7, 3-6pm
ExprASIANS Talent Show and Fair to benefit ABC Project
Boston Medical Center, Shapiro Ambulatory Care lobby
Performers, volunteers and exhibitors please contact: email@example.com
In the coming weeks, we will post conference presentations and notes at www.asianwomenforhealth.org. We'll let you know when they are available.
We still have more to do:
- To keep the conversation going, we will hold focus groups in targeted communities to gather more granular information on the gaps that most impact our ability to improve and maintain our health and wellness. If you are interested in helping us organize a focus group let me know at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
you've already raised your hand to volunteer, we will be contacting you
to help prepare for the upcoming events, and for our 2nd annual
fundraiser in October. Let us know if you want to volunteer in any of
- Resource Development/Fundraising
- Financial Management/Operations
- Event Planning
- Communication/Social Media/Outreach
- Research/Data Gathering
- IT/Database Management
- Providing Transportation
- Providing/Preparing Food
- If you would like to attend the Annual Board Meeting on the evening of 6/18, please let me know.
- Like us on Facebook!
- Tell others about AWFH and what we're doing.
Asian Women for Health
Educate. Advocate. Reciprocate.
Direct line: 617-870-4056