網頁

星期二, 10月 22, 2013

聯邦眾議員卡普阿諾公開支持Martin J. Walsh


Today, Congressman Michael Capuano endorsed State Representative Martin J. Walsh in the race to be the next Mayor of Boston.
“Marty is one of the few people that I have ever met that I would cross over broken glass to help. I don’t do this very often because I think members of Congress should use their endorsement and their support very sparingly,” said Congressman Capuano at today’s press conference. “[Marty Walsh] will stand up for people – he’ll stand up for human rights, civil liberties. He’ll stand up for education. He’ll stand up for housing needs and do it with strength, with integrity, and directness.  I don’t think you could ask for more from any elected official. I’m glad to be here with my friend – and I don’t use that term too loosely, ‘my friend’ – the person that I am happy to endorse and support today as the next Mayor of the City of Boston, my friend Marty Walsh.”
“Congressman Capuano has been a mayor himself, and has been a progressive leader and a champion for working families in Massachusetts for many years,” said Rep. Walsh. “I’m honored to call him my friend, and honored to receive his endorsement and support today.
Michael Capuano serves as the U.S. Representative for Massachusetts's 7th congressional district, which includes approximately 75% of the City of Boston, as well as Somerville and Cambridge. He was first elected to Congress in 1998. Prior to his election to Congress, Capuano served as the Mayor of Somerville for nearly a decade. Somerville is the most densely populated municipality in New England.
The press conference announcing this endorsement took place today in Hyde Park. Rep. Walsh and Congressman Capuano were also joined by State Representative Angelo Scaccia and Boston City Councilor Felix Arroyo, both who have also endorsed Marty Walsh for Mayor.
###

沒有留言: